Okay. Here's a list of interesting books.
1. "Conscious Evolution" by Barbara Marx Hubbard
2. "Islam: Beliefs and Observances" by Caesar E. Farah, Ph.D.
3. "Documents of American History" by Henry Steele Commager
4. "The Power of the Modern Presidency" by Erwin C. Hargrove
5. "Constitutional Law of the Federal System" by C. Herman Pritchett
6. "Growth and Welfare in the American Past" by Douglass C. North
7. "The Jesus Myth" by Andrew M. Greeley
8. "Atlas Shrugged" by Ayn Rand
9. "Markings" by Dag Hammarskjold
10. "Being and Time" by Martin Heidegger
11. "None Dare Call It Conspiracy" by Gary Allen (with Larry Abraham)
12. "It's A Conspiracy!" by The National Insecurity Council
13. "Constitution: Fact or Fiction-The Story of the Nation's Descent from a Constitutional Republic through a Constitutional Dictatorship to an Unconstitutional Dictatorship" by Dr. Eugene Schroder (with Micki Nellis)
14. "The Right to Privacy" by Ellen Alderman and Caroline Kennedy
15. "An Illiberal Education" by Dinesh D' Souza
16. "The End of Racism" by Dinesh D' Souza
17. "The Death of Common Sense" by Phillip K. Howard
18. "Dianetics" by L. Ron Hubbard
19. "Dismantling the Cold War Economy" by Ann Markusen and Joel Yudken
20. "Who Will Tell the People: The Betrayal of American Democracy" by William Greider
21. "The Rise And Fall of the Third Reich" by William L. Shirer
22. "Armageddon: The Russians in War and Revolution" by Bruce Lincoln (plus his other...historical efforts)
23. "1984" by George Orwell
24. "Fahrenheit 451" by Ray Bradbury
25. "Animal Farm" by George Orwell
26. "Nature's End" by Whitley Strieber and James Kunetka
27. "Excellence: Can We Be Equal and Excellent Too?" by John W. Gardner
28. "The Meaning of the 20th Century: The Great Transition" by Kenneth E. Boulding
29. "Situation Ethics: The New Morality" by Joseph Fletcher
30. "Power and Prosperity: Outgrowing Communist and Capitalist Dictatorships" by Mancur Olson
31. "A Force Upon the Plain: The American Militia Movement and the Politics of Hate" by Kenneth S. Stern
Now, some of these I've read over the years. However, a lot of them I've read within the last 8 or so months. (Not exclusively, but they are the ones with the most relevant information.)
Discussing the topics brought forth in these books may prevent you from being invited to the next beer bash in your town , but it may help alter this world for the good.
Religion is too passive, with its focus on the eternal afterlife, instead of the focus upon: What can we do NOW?
How can we help the physical world NOW? How can I ensure my child's child will not live in a negative utopian vision? How can corporations which focus on the bottom line realize the ever proven tenet "Short term expediency always fails in the long term?"
Violence is wrong. The world can not be changed for good through violence. It simply won't wash.
So. All these people at this site are very willing to toss in their opinions.
Let me have 'em!
HOW DO WE LET THE RULING PEOPLE KNOW THAT WE DO NOT APPRECIATE THEIR PLANS FOR US, (exploitation), AND HOW DO WE DO SO IN A WAY WHICH DOES NOT MAKE US DEAD ? (which, of course, is a bit worse than exploitation)
I know it's a quixotic question, but I have to ask.
I've been reading for over 30 years. I'm 35 now.
It's time the evidence, opinions and thoughts are brought forth, in a mass media type of way.
I know the war is real. I know the world is real.
I'm only a drummer, B) (unrecorded as of yet), and writer, (unpublished so far), and those are what I want as careers.
My hobby, brought about by what I've read in down time, is "saving the world". (Is that an effing crock, or what?)
Really, though. I've read so many books which talk about the future, and it's so important that we get beyond what we consider the BIG questions now.
How can anyone even be concerned about race? As I've said in my other post, our blood is red the world entire. That's freakin 'IT! End of discussion! There are genuises of every race, there are retarded folks within every race. There are sweet people in every race, and there are homicidal sociopaths in every race. That...is...IT!
If you're concerned about your precious "heritage", than become literate beyond signing your name to a check buying beer to numb your mind and educate yourself.
Racism is a very powerful tool in the hands of people seeking to turn and sway public opinion.
Now, with racism out of the way, maybe a little focus on real threats. Hmm?
Someone out there give me a place to look for information.
How to motivate major corporations, such as oil companies
and GE to fundmentally overhaul how they operate?
How to motivate us, or rather, the U.S. leaders, to turn the society upside down so that in 100 years our descendants will not have to be happy with a 40 year life span with raging aggressive cancers common and most of the ecosystems destroyed?
How to get people back in space?
I'm not a tech, and hindsight may be 20/20, but I sure as hell would not have allowed the space shuttle to go into orbit knowing some stuff had fallen from the frigging shuttle! Geez! It's only people's lives and the space program at risk!
Of course, now the $ that would've gone to the space program can be rerouted to........FIGHTING EVIL TERRORISTS!
Of course. Of course.
(I wish the hell I could write something under 50 fucking paragraphs.)