Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: Smoking: To be or not to Be

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by UKResident
    Good on him, he's making his employees healthier, probably happier, and he'll no doubt see less time taken off sick.
    Communist ideology.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Communist ideology
    Really? Do you have the freedom to be a communist in the US then?

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Really? Do you have the freedom to be a communist in the US then?
    In the US, you do not have the freedom to impose your communist beliefs on others, as it infringes on their individual rights.

Now could we get back on topic.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    In the US, you do not have the freedom to impose your communist beliefs on others, as it infringes on their individual rights.

Now could we get back on topic.
    Exactly.

An employee can govern an employee while on the job. Smoking is not an illegal substance therefore the fact an employee smokes outside of the job means no harm no foul.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I wonder if he refuses to do business with anyone who smokes.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    i saw this on the tv news.

i find it interesting that it has been called communist thinking when it is in fact the employment laws for that state...a US state... that appear to allow such a company policy. the same company is not allowed to have testing in other states in which it has operations. I would be interested to hear of any communist country where such a thing has happened.
    I have heard of US companies that have teetotal conditions written into contracts of employment although i can't without researching, point to them.

I disagree with his actions however.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    well, seems all the extra money being poured into anti-smoking is taking effect. I am truly a minority when I go outside to have a smoke. I have seem similiar reports of people being told to quit smoking, or find other employment. Its not a state law here, but I guess up to the company.
    Why do I feel like we are living the movie "The Demolition Man" when I see this? It does seem they will eventually make smoking illegal. whats next ? bodily fluid transfer ? salt ?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    1st they took away our smoking room, and no one complained

Then they told us we could go outside, and no one complained

Then they told us to go round the side of the building (into the prevailing weather in our area).. no one complained

and theres hardly anyone left to complain except management... coz the staff are now always on the f'n sick with the flue

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Really? So smoking isn't detrimental to your health? l must have been misinformed. And why "especially" anything? Either it's true or untrue, what does 'especially' untrue mean?
    Do you drink?

Do you take Prescription Drugs?

Hell; do you eat? Theres a lot of food poisoning around, maybe you should stop that... You'd be healthier and happier and spend less time on the bog.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    maybe thats why I am so damn sick now I forget I get hot and sweaty working on the machines all night, then have to go outside in 30-40 F temperatures.
    I never complained about having to go outside, but I will say restaurants have lost some of my money, cause I no longer sit in there longer than it takes to finish my meal.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast