Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPAA suits, risk of getting caught etc.

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Will the MPAA and other organizations go after individual file sharers on emule, or just the servers? I share less than 100 files, but most are movies. None are new releases. I dont use peerguardian or protowall cus those are basically placebo. Anyway, does anyone have any info about this. I know MPAA and RIAA were suing kazaa users, but I dont know about emule. Thanks!
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Well eMule has been and will be a target as is Bittorent although what actions will be brought against individuals remains to be seen. They have invested in software that can supposable identify the first 100 or so uploaders of a paticular file so it may be releasors that they will target perhaps. I do see that for now its sites and servers and am hoping they have learned what backlash they may suffer for shoving at individuals as the music industry did...
    Last edited by RealitY; 02-06-2005 at 03:32 AM.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    DanB got caught a while ago, he got an email and told not to do it again. Nothing major.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    with some eMule mods, like MorphXP, you can "hide the overshare" so if even if you have 100% of a file, and are seeding, it only shows you as having the parts no one else has.

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargas
    with some eMule mods, like MorphXP, you can "hide the overshare" so if even if you have 100% of a file, and are seeding, it only shows you as having the parts no one else has.
    does morph do anything to emule besides "hide overshare" it sounds like a agood idea, but i dont want it to do anything else, as i already have my emule running quite nicely.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    I already got two letters from my isp saying that i am sharing files that i have not even completly downloaded what the fuck. My cousin tells me that verizon does not give your ip up to the mpaa or any of the movie bigshots i am thinking of switching over to dsl. Anyone else on help with thisl.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    powerstick's Avatar Poster
    if you switch to Verizon though, good luck with getting open on the Overnet network. Their Westel modems that they give you with dsl can't handle that many connections. (They send you a Westell 327W and it connects as firewalled no matter what you do.) I have been that route. The dsl works great for Limewire and Kazaa Lite Resurection but as far as Edokey or mainly the Overnet (my fav), it doesn't ever get off firewalled.

I cancelled and got Cox Hi Speed (4mbit)
    Make your files the smallest possible to share. If you don't you how I recomend DR. DivX. It will do it for you. We don't want to have to dl that 2.5 gig sh*t for a movie or 2 SVCD's. SMALLEST FORMAT ALWAYS!!!!!!

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Verizon, or any IP should not release your names/info to any other source, as this is a huge violation of your right to privacy. Moreover.. Verizon uses more than one vendor for their DSL modems. I also have used the Westell modem and it gave me problems with emule. This has nothing to do with a 'firewall' problem.. instead its the PPPoe type of connectivity that is used with their DSL that causes you to have a "lowID" in emule.
    Proud member of MDS

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    saman
    i have been using emule for a couple of years ,but for the last couple of months have cleared our my server list and only left a couple of reliable servers ,tribes servers have started to appear over the last few months and they can be a problem if you connect to them ,they are servers set up by the movie companies to check what we are down and uploading the people i know that have received emails about downloading had been connected to these servers so i reccomend you check your server list

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Do you want us to tell you that your ok and you won't be sued?
    Well I won't say that but i share and get a good nights sleep!
    Theres a risk invovled with most things in life... like crossing the road

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast