Thread: Evil Mess ! Do I Need A Codec ?

So once again here I am... CONFUZZLED.. well this is a learning process. and maybe one day I'll be able to help someone else... or I'll just cunfuzzle them..

Anywho.. I downloaded "The Core" for the first 5 whole seconds.. it GREAT... and throughout the whole movie there are seconds of a perfect picture... But the rest ...
    A BIG MESSY GREEN RAINBOW COLORED MESS !!! I have a divx codec ... and klight codecs installed... I even used the gspots thing.. and it said that it didn't need anything.. if I understood right... is there another codec I need to install ??? Any help, or info would be most appriciated.. THANKS !!!

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    BANNED
    r u sure u hav'nt d/l the new hulk movie

anyway on a serious note... when i had the same problem ...i changed the xvid
    codec and every thing work fine...

but the movie i was tring to play was xvid as well ..but it might b worth a tri until sone who know the exact cause comes along..

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    there are two XviD codecs for windows: the Koepi version and the Nic version. if one of them doesn't work correctly on your computer, you may have better luck uninstalling it and then installing the other one.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    LOL !!! NO I d'led the new Spider Man 2 movie...

Anywho on tha realz THANK YA'LL SOO MUCH !!! I am gonna go try those things out....

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    There is also Umaniac's xvid you can try too. Also there have been problems with xvid that is why the k-lite codec downgraded. So if have xvid problems use the older one that can be found at the development area in the k-lite codec thread.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Forum Star
    Try Koepi's build from 04/10/2002 (4 October). That one works for almost everybody.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Download K-Lite codec pack which contains all the neccesary codecs you need but uninstall all your old codecs first.