Thread: Cab Files + Multi Disk

Poster
    Was just wondering, Ive downloaded the 1st Iso cd for Unreal II, waiting for the other 2 to come through. 1.After I have extracted the files from the image to my HDD it has two zipped cab files in it among other things. Am i meant to unzip these as it says It cant do it. Any feedback to notify me would be appreciated.
    2. Secondly, Ive not thought about this much, but since Im using Iso's to install this game, ( Unreal II being a 3 cd game) what should I do when it asks me to inser the 2nd cd either during installation or in the game, this has kinda puzzled me.
    Again any help appreciated. Thanks
    TNTIcemanTNT

2. Games   -   #2
    Poster
    bump

3. Games   -   #3
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Ok i dont undersatand why you need to extract the image onto your hdd, get yoursealf a copy of either daemon tools or alcohol 120%, daemon can create 6 virtual cd drives and alcohol 31.

all you do is mount the 3 .iso onto 3 virtual draive so lets say F: G: and H:, these devices dont exist but these programs trick your pc into thinking they are actual drives, just mount all 3 discs on the seperate drives, install normally, and you shouldnt have to shange the dics over either during instalation or during play.

these virtual drives do not take up any extra space on your hdd for eg, if you have an iso of 600meg and you have 400 meg left on your hdd, if you mount the image then you will still have 600meg free, untill you install it that is.

Ive only got a 12gig hdd and no cdrw, and i have installed multiple cd games on here, without extracting them first, i probably wouldnt have the space to do that with a 3 disc game.

hope this helps, but i find its a lot easier just mounting them on a virtual drive than extracting then, and it saves hdd space as well.

stoi

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    What ive normally ben doing is using WinIso to look at files in the image, then extract them to one of my drives to install. Is this what you meant? Ill also try that daemon thing out.

5. Games   -   #5
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    No, you dont need to extract anything, just get your .iso or .bin and just mount it onto your virtual drive, if you have multiple discs just make more virtual drives and mount all the discs on the seperate virtual drives, if you get daemon tools just read the readme just before it installs, but it is very easy to do.

6. Games   -   #6
    Poster
    Just tryed the Daemon Tools out. When you click on the .exe nothing happens apart from a new drive being made( on mine :H). Only one drive made though, when you click on the .exe again no new drives are made. Is it emant to give you a interface like programs such as WinIso?

7. Games   -   #7
    it will have put an icon in your task bar next to the clock, just right click this icon and select properties i think, been awhile since i used daemon tools, but if you right click on the icon you can mount your .iso and also select to number of virtual cd drives

8. Games   -   #8
    Poster
    Ah I see , thanks for your help stoi, you seem to know everything lol. I have only started using ISOs recently, CM4 being my first one but that was only 1 cd so I only used WinISO. Im still waiting for CD2 and 3 to come through off Emule.... dam its slow lol. Again thanks for the help.
    TNTIcemanTNT