Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Killzone, anyone played it?

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I went to Gamestation today and traded in some games, got Killzone in exchange, it was the right thing to do This game rawks! It’s fast paced, there’s battles where you’re ridiculously out numbered, it's just all so great. I’ve been wasting Helghast scum for about an hour now and the graphics are hawter than the asian girl that served me. Reload times are a little slow though

Well worth the cash

2. Games   -   #2
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mulder
    I went to Gamestation today and traded in some games, got Killzone in exchange, it was the right thing to do This game rawks! It’s fast paced, there’s battles where you’re ridiculously out numbered, it's just all so great. I’ve been wasting Helghast scum for about an hour now and the graphics are hawter than the asian girl that served me. Reload times are a little slow though

Well worth the cash

I'm glad to hear that it's good. It's a relief actually cause I've been looking forward to it. What type did you buy? (pc, xbox, ps2)

yo

3. Games   -   #3
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    I'm glad to hear that it's good. It's a relief actually cause I've been looking forward to it. What type did you buy? (pc, xbox, ps2)
    PS2 only bubba. The game is good but it in no way is a Halo killer.

I say the makers do a sequel for the PS3 and add a frigging jump in the process.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Games   -   #4
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    PS2 only bubba. The game is good but it in no way is a Halo killer.

I say the makers do a sequel for the PS3 and add a frigging jump in the process.

I always thought that Halo was waaay over-rated. Whenever I finished that game I was just glad to be done with it tbh.

yo

5. Games   -   #5
    Never been into halo much either, so I like this more, though many would disagree. It's gotten a few poor reviews too, but that's mainly due to the story not being explained enough. It really is a great game though

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizo
    I always thought that Halo was waaay over-rated. Whenever I finished that game I was just glad to be done with it tbh.
    Well too me, this clearly was not a better game whether Halo was over-rated or not.

It had potential but the developers fumbled the ball on the 1-yard line.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Games   -   #7
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I had high hopes for this one, tried it a little tho', and it wasn't quite as good as the hype made it out to be.

The soldier I played couldn't get past knee-high obstacles, ffs.

However, I have to say that the atmosphere and story are more appealing than the halo counterparts. Halo is a space-comedy painted in neon sometimes.

I think I'll enjoy playing killzone, once I get it for myself.

I liked a previously hyped game like fable immensly, despite it being nothing like it was made out to be while it was in production. If the developers of certain titles stopped leaking incredibly exagerrated information about what they were doing, they'd prolly be better off.

I think a great deal of Killzone's, and fable's, bad reviews could have been avoided if it hadn't been for the hype. I've noticed how some people, including professionals, tend to compare the finished product with the hype, when looking at both these games.
    Last edited by Snee; 01-31-2005 at 03:08 PM.

8. Games   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    I had high hopes for this one, tried it a little tho', and it wasn't quite as good as the hype made it out to be.

The soldier I played couldn't get past knee-high obstacles, ffs.

However, I have to say that the atmosphere and story are more appealing than the halo counterparts. Halo is a space-comedy painted in neon sometimes.

I think I'll enjoy playing killzone, once I get it for myself.

I liked a previously hyped game like fable immensly, despite it being nothing like it was made out to be while it was in production. If the developers of certain titles stopped leaking incredibly exagerrated information about what they were doing, they'd prolly be better off.

I think a great deal of Killzone's, and fable's, bad reviews could have been avoided if it hadn't been for the hype. I've noticed how some people, including professionals, tend to compare the finished product with the hype, when looking at both these games.
    I too liked Fable. Some said it's only downfall was the game duration. I disagree.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Games   -   #9
    After hours of play I’ve discovered that any rapid fire weapon is hard to aim, you could have the crosshair aimed straight at a head and hit upper torso. But with handguns, you can be deadly accurate, takes some getting used to

Enjoying it all though, the AI's smart too

(There’s one or two bits where you’ve got team mates trying to take down tanks, just kill them and take the rocket launcher, they can’t shoot for shit with it )
    Last edited by Mr. Mulder; 01-31-2005 at 06:19 PM.

10. Games   -   #10
    Well I’m about half way through now, maybe just over and it’s still brilliant There was one level where it seemed to repeat which was due to the lack of atmosphere. The level was set in some sort of garden area full of blossom/cherry tree type things and lots of Helghast in the distance, running and hiding behind trees and turrets. That seemed a little dull because it was very slow paced. But straight after that level it picked right back up again when you’re in a bombed out city which is completely ruined and you’re trying to make your way to an extraction point but keep getting pinned down by fire. It’s little details like the camera shaking when there’s lots of heavy fire that make it fun, this is especially great fun when you’ve thrown a grenade into a room and once it’s exploded, you burst in firing, great fun indeed While you are just killing Helghast as previous levels, it’s still a joy to play due to graphics, new weapons being introduced along with tougher Helghast, drop ships air lifting them into battle, turret guns. Difficult battles against tanks which usually travel with a scouting party who break out in all directions and start firing and ducking when you return fire, also moving positions to avoid death. The story also gets very interesting and the big developments and twists make you want to learn more.

Overall it’s just a really fun game to play, but some may get bored and view it as repetitive. I haven’t played it for more than 4 hours at a time due to an evil playstation thief, which might be why it hasn’t taken it’s toll. But even after a long sitting I can’t see my self tiring of it, I plan to liberate the PS2 tonight should have it complete by tomorrow, It’s fairly long too
    Last edited by Mr. Mulder; 02-04-2005 at 02:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast