Thread: Dragons den

JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert00000
    Quote Originally Posted by JPaul
    That would be quite nice if;

a, It was true

b, You weren't a complete wanker.

c, Could post a coherent sentence.
    Not interested in your opinions so take it elsewhere. You dont know me and i dont wish to acquaint myself any better with yourself.
    Oh please, let me get to know you better. There aren't enough semi-literate interweb fantacysts in my life just now.

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    I made my first million by optimizing dot-com methodologies which secured me the ability to generate viral applications, I'm now looking into incentivize frictionless platforms which deliver open-source convergence to leverage ubiquitous web services.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by robert the PL
    i dont wish to acquaint myself any better with yourself.
    That's just clumsy

In other news:

My vocation as a bank clerk enables me to meet and chat with many people who have just started up in business, the ones who think they know it all are invariably men younger than myself and any advice I offer is summarily ignored.

Which seems rather strange as that is primarily what they pay me for.

Point is that these hot-headed young 'entrepreneurs' rarely have two brass ha'pennies to rub together
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    It couldnt be just coincidence as the type of service we were offering was quite unique. But in the end i discovered a more profitable path and decided to pursue that.
    Yeah, you might be making "good money" now, but you're going to get such a nasty rash, and you won't be able to poo properly, and don't come whingeing back round here when that happens.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Quote Originally Posted by robert the PL
    i dont wish to acquaint myself any better with yourself.
    That's just clumsy

In other news:

My vocation as a bank clerk enables me to meet and chat with many people who have just started up in business, the ones who think they know it all are invariably men younger than myself and any advice I offer is summarily ignored.

Point is that these hot-headed young 'entrepreneurs' rarely have two brass ha'pennies to rub together
    The business has been trading for over a year, so it can be considered established. But i still never say no to quality business advice from people who know what they are talking about. Unfortunately, Mr Jpaul isn't one of these people.

@ Withcheese. Damn, i wish i had come up with that concept first.

@ Barbarossa. I'll remember to notify my doctor in advance.
    Robert00000

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    That's just clumsy

In other news:

But i still never say no to quality business advice from people who know what they are talking about. Unfortunately, Mr Jpaul isn't one of these people.
    Absolutely spot on, I would never offer business advice to a cretin. It's a waste of my time and theirs.

The best bit of business advice I ever gave someone was to close the business down and to get full time employment as they were not suited to running their own small business.

Thankfully he took this advice and thanked me for it later. He, his wife and family were much happier and less stressed out. I think he probably knew deep down it was something he should do, he just needed it explained to him. I also managed to get him a shed load of money (which he was actually due) to pay off a lot of debts. Which was nice.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    I ran my own business for 2.5/3 years, apparently I had circa £30k profit a year (police accountants), which isnt too bad for a part time/weekend effort

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    I ran my own business for 2.5/3 years, apparently I had circa £30k profit a year (police accountants), which isnt too bad for a part time/weekend effort

10. Lounge   -   #30
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    gigolo?

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast