Thread: NZB files with Newsleecher

Retired

Surprised/Amazed

How come when I use a NZB file with Newsleecher it doesnt download the complete files? it never downloads the last 2 or 3 parts

same files are complete when I use the NZB with grabit so nm
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 02-01-2005 at 11:41 PM.

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    wierd - never seen that before...

newsleecher does fine for me, unless its incomplete of course :S
    <insert signature here>

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Im confused now, is it that the exact same files were incomplete with NewsLeecher but complete with GrabIt.
    If so the only thing I can think of is you grabbed a post while it was going up...
    Last edited by RealitY; 02-02-2005 at 07:53 PM.

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by RealitY
    Im confused now, is it that the exact same files were incomplete with NewsLeecher but complete with GrabIt.
    If so the only thing I can think of is you grabbed a post while it was going up...
    yep, no the file was already posted an hour before I used newsleecher.
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 02-02-2005 at 08:02 PM.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    Well on my ISP server at times the file wont arrive for near 10 hours after posting where I can get at it.
    This is one of the benefits of NewsLeecher compared to GrabIt that it will show whether a file is incomplete or not...
    Last edited by RealitY; 02-02-2005 at 08:55 PM.

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    but if the nzb was the same, then it was pointing to the same files, and if it was the same server...
    <insert signature here>

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Yes true though I was just making the point that he used NewsLeecher first and then GrabIt later and may have been at that moment of arriving as nothing else I can think of would explain this...
    Last edited by RealitY; 02-02-2005 at 09:40 PM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    ah that would be a good point
    <insert signature here>

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    A bit of topic, I used to use newleecher where I paid up for a year then never renewed and software was working for a few years then suddenly stopped. Tried contacting the support who were not helpful. Tried Newsbin and although not as simple to use at first got my head around it and having been using since no problems working using same provider TweakNews. Good thing about it is the you pay for it only once and get free lifetime upgrades. Maybe worth a punt?

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by dcbuk View Post
    A bit of topic, I used to use newleecher where I paid up for a year then never renewed and software was working for a few years then suddenly stopped. Tried contacting the support who were not helpful. Tried Newsbin and although not as simple to use at first got my head around it and having been using since no problems working using same provider TweakNews. Good thing about it is the you pay for it only once and get free lifetime upgrades. Maybe worth a punt?
    You do realise that this thread is almost a decade old, right?