Thread: same file different sites???

Nardz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    is there a way to combine sources from multiple sites? cuzzz i can find the file im looking for on multiple sites but i cant find enough sources on any of them to make it worth wild to download unless i could download and upload to multiple sites at once.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Retired
    no. what you want is not possible

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    You can try getting both at the same time. Different folder of course. Have it so one only gets the first half of the files and the other gets the other half.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Most clents will allow you to chosse which files you want or not so if its something like a bunch of rars you could split them up as SB mentioned although if its a solid single file I cant think of any way to do that...

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    If you decide to do that just remember when both are done, to help seed you will need to stop both torrents, combine the directory, and then start both back up pointing to the new location, you should be able to seed to multiple sites from the same directory without a problem...

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Nardz's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by zeustke165
    If you decide to do that just remember when both are done, to help seed you will need to stop both torrents, combine the directory, and then start both back up pointing to the new location, you should be able to seed to multiple sites from the same directory without a problem...
    OF COURSE!!!!!

thanx guys this is what i have already been doing but it gets a bit tedious as you can imagine. one of you programmer geniuses should make a program that could combine different sources. You would be F#@$ing famous I promise!!!!

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Im not sure how many private trackers would approve of you doing this, many will have the attitude that your not really part of the community, or you may be labled as a leech, especially if you dont seed out to both sites atleast what you took, but most would still expect you to seed atleast one full copy thus you would have to seed twice what you download to keep in their good graces, so on a private tracker you should definitely keep a low profile.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    I think most private only ask for a 1:1 regardless and that you dont abandon a seed when your needed mostly...

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    You could always use external announce. I think its been there ever since shadow's 5.something release (my 15 month old client has this). But for this to work both torrents need to have the same hash. Download them both then open each with torrent spy. If they have same SHA hash then your lucky. Open one torrent and then click on advanced and then external announce. Copy the address of the other tracker (torrent spy shows this) and then hit okay. If one of the trackers is private then start that torrent. I have no idea what happens if both trackers are private. If both are public then it really doesn't matter which you start first. This method lets you use both trackers at the same time but im not sure if this messes up stats.

The other way to do this (but is slower) is to start one torrent. Let it go until you get every piece that is being shared with that tracker and then resume it with the other torrent. Just make sure you hit "finish allocation" before you finish with the first torrent (the files that you are downloading should be the same size as when they are finished).

Odds are that you wont finish you file with either method. You have the best chances of sucess if you go onto the forum and ask someone nicely to reseed the torrent. If you do ever finish the torrent seed it on both trackers so that everyone who is stuck can finish the file.

Good luck