Thread: downloader.dyfica.3.L trojan

Poster
    I cant seem to get rid of this, ive ran avg and clean this up multiple time and anti spyware but it still keeps coming back. I havent found anything on google about this crappy trojan , any help would be appreicated
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    Could this be the trojan you have?

http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/p...x?id=453089423

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    no it wasnt rip but its set to go off exactly at 6:58 pm ill check that site out ike thanks
    sig removed by Sara...much too big, please read the rules and could you activate your pm's too

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Turn off system restore.

Look for any unusual running processes, google anything that sounds suspicious. Turn them off, and then try to remove it with your av.

If you just got it, and you know you haven't installed anything recently, try running a search for recently created files in your system32 folder, and google any new dlls or exes. That way it might be possible to manually delete it.

Try NOD32s standalone scanner as well.

And check your startup entries in, for example, spybot, google anything that looks suspicious.

You can also try hijackthis, and post your scanlog here, maybe someone can help.

Also have a look here.

It's possible that it has some common denominator with any of those, search your hd for any files those are said to create.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-05-2005 at 01:32 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    that housecall found trojan killav.o but not the other i hoping the 2 are tied together .... iam suprised AVG didnt pick it up .... thanks all

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by ZLOsiris
    that housecall found trojan killav.o but not the other i hoping the 2 are tied together .... iam suprised AVG didnt pick it up .... thanks all

Avg is just a virus tool ? I would n't be so harsh on it . Norton may not have found it either. Trojans come from many sources , a download , friends cd , file sharing etc. Might even be a new one. Have you tryed a dedicated Trojan remover ?

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download903.html

Edit: And turn off that stupid System Restore . Useless .....

ZLOsiris , If you enable PM's you may get help from different people. Some are shy ,they don't like to post . I tryed to send a link ...........
    Last edited by peat moss; 02-05-2005 at 06:30 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    Dam i thought i had mine turn off apperntly not after checking it , thanks , yea peat majorgeeks is 1 of my fav sites been going there since 2001 , as for a trojan remover i use a combo spy/trojan remover i got from a reconmindation here called scanspyware v3 7 seems to work ok. but i suppose it wont hurt to get another 1 thanks again

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    @ZLOsiris , Yea trojans are the worst ! So many different names and processes . Dirty buggers, But you'll figure it out ,