Thread: DSL 300G port forwarding

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Hello,

where can i find guide on how to forward ports on DSL 300G modem?
    I need it for downloadin stuff from BT.

please advice!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Quote Originally Posted by lynx
    I'm lookin to forward DSL 300G port...and for some reason it's guide is not listed on that website!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    find the section in your router configuration that says "virtual server." then make one entry for every port that you wish to forward. since this is how you forward ports on some routers, it's best to limit your BT client's ports to... say, 5 or 10 ports, so you're not sitting there all day making virtual server entries.

for each entry, select TCP (BT does not use UDF), enter the LAN IP address of your PC, enter the same port number for both "public port" (router) and "private port" (PC), select "enabled," select "save" or "apply"... then you're ready to make another entry.
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 02-09-2005 at 06:39 PM.