Thread: Prince of Persia warrior within problem

Poster
    Ok well I got Prince of persia, warrior within. I beleive it is the 'reloaded' release. I installed fine, installed directx 9c, have the latest drivers for my video card which is a radeon 9700 pro. I make a new profile, select new game, and choose normal difficulty, then it starts to load, but then, it goes to windows and says the game ended unexpectedly, and to read the readme file. What the fuck? Ive tried different cracks, reinstalled drivers, reinstalled the game, and still getting this bullshit. What can I do?

2. Games   -   #2
    First thing i would susgest is to completely uninstall the game. Delete the folder all saved games all shortcuts everything that refer to the game veer being installed. Then install the game using the cd key supplied in the NFO and use the crack that comes with the release. At this moment do not attempt to update the game. Then try, also try reinstalling DX9c from the Microsoft website and reinstall your graphics card drivers. Try older graphics card drivers or different makes of drivers. Whats the exact error code you get (take a picture)? They usually mean something that can be looked up on MS's website.

3. Games   -   #3
    Poster
    Ok, Ill try everything, and use a different driver, but it doesnt give an exact error code, Just tells me to look at the readme.

4. Games   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Esal
    Ok, Ill try everything, and use a different driver, but it doesnt give an exact error code, Just tells me to look at the readme.

Can you still take a picture as it will help. Try the drivers that are on ATI's website (newest) try an older set of drivers, and try some OMEGA drivers. OMEGA drivers are custom made drivers so they may work.

Also whats the rest of your specs (Ram, CPU, HDD, Mobo, CD/DVD Drive)

5. Games   -   #5
    Poster
    ive got 512ram, a 3gz cpu, 80 gig HD, thats about all I know. I tried other drivers, reinstalling, installing minimum, all coming up with that gay error. Last thing Im trying is formatting all the windows files, not erasing the HD but just reinstalling windows, maybe it might work, who knows. If not fuck it I give up.

6. Games   -   #6
    You cannot format windows and leave all your files intact unless they are on different partions. Iv never played the PC version because i downloaded the game for m Xbox, this might piss you off even more but its a fucking quality game