Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Ok someone please tell me

Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I use IE and have no problems whatsoever.

Everyone says FF is the shit when all I hear is problems with it in casual use.
    The benefits outweigh the few niggling problems it has, the extensions just blow IE out of the water. IE is a great browser if you don't want to actually do anything useful with it and you like the security of your computer compromised.

2. Lounge   -   #32
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Your not having these problems because all the smilies have`nt loaded properly are you,because i`ve sen that happenbefore on VB boards when your waiting for the last smilie to load.

3. Lounge   -   #33
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Same old fecking Jonno, I even got the smug smiley

/me seethes.
    Dude, you got that all wrong The smilie was used in a non argumentative manner, I did'nt understand what you meant,, I thought you meant a box at the bottom of FF, Cheese then explained so I just replied to that bit you put, just so you are in the picture and able to understand what I needed help with, thats all <- meaning I'm smiling and thankyou for your help you paranoid tosser

Jonno

4. Lounge   -   #34
    The one problem I've ever had with FireFox and Thunderbird is all my bookmarks and mail disappearing whenever my computer blue-screens.

Apart from that, I wouldn't go back to IE
    We can't stop here... this is bat country

5. Lounge   -   #35
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Emdee
    The one problem I've ever had with FireFox and Thunderbird is all my bookmarks and mail disappearing whenever my computer blue-screens.

Apart from that, I wouldn't go back to IE
    You need the bookmark back up plugin. Sorts it all out by making a backup .html in a subfolder each day.

Btw, Jonno - I know you're out to get me
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #36
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    I like FF and Thunderbird.

The problem with IE being so popliar is that it is such a hacking target. The fact that it is so closely integrated with most people's OS doesn't help matters.

I have installed the bbCode plug-in, thanks for that. Kewl.

Any other suggestions muchly appreciated. I'm not looking for links to pages tho' I can find those. Just suggestions on what you like.
    If you haven't already got it then the extension that allows you to view a page in IE is pretty useful for those pages that don't work with Firefox.

7. Lounge   -   #37
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    Do I sense a hook and perhaps a tad of roddery.

Being a bit of a fisher, on t'web and off, I can diagnose an acute case of Osteichthyes atrophy, where large fish such as carp can become so wary of normal fodder that they starve themselves almost to the point of inertia. This, of coarse, is due to over fishing.

Here is Chebus' plug-in.
    Last edited by manker; 02-10-2005 at 04:22 PM. Reason: meh
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

8. Lounge   -   #38
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by manker

Being a bit of a fisher, on t'web and off, I can diagnose an acute case of Osteichthyes atrophy, where large fish such as carp can become so wary of normal fodder that they starve themselves almost to the point of inertia. This, of coarse, is due to over fishing.

Here is Chebus' plug-in.
    That's the one. It's useful for sites like Windows Ghey Update which don't allow any browsers but crappy IE on there.*

Also, for instance, the Jobcentre Plus site only works with IE. Though how I found that out I'll never know...

*Having an anti-Microsoft day. :miniglare:

9. Lounge   -   #39
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    i get problems with ff crashing if using google images search and still with websites that don't have the .swf files embedded

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

10. Lounge   -   #40
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    i get problems with ff crashing if using google images search and still with websites that don't have the .swf files embedded
    i dont
    Last edited by TheDave; 02-10-2005 at 06:42 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234