Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Lokitorrent gone!!!!

n00b
    Ive just been to lokitorrent and they have been shut down

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Retired
    Lokitorrent, an extremely popular BitTorrent website, now has an MPAA message as its homepage.

The site recently gathered over $40,000 as funds for fighting the court case that was brought upon them by the MPAA. They vowed to fight for the BitTorrent community. However, the site has been up and down over the last few days, and now the site reads the following:

"This website has been permanently shut down by court order because it facilitates the illegal downloading of copyrighted motion pictures. The illegal downloading of motion pictures robs thousands of honest, hard-working people of their livelihood, and stifles creativity. Illegally downloading movies from sites such as these without proper authorization violates the law, is theft, and is not anonymous. Stealing movies leaves a trail. The only way not to get caught is to stop."

What's interesting, though, is that the page is highly unprofessional. The page header reads "MPAA NOTICE", and the page itself contains a somewhat satirical 'I' rating - to represent downloading being 'Illegal' for everyone. The image is also rather ridiculous, with bold text saying: "You can click But you can't hide" - unusual, and stupid.

Personally I believe this is a complete mockup. The Nikush.com Team, including myself, and many others across the BitTorrent community knew right from the start that this was a hopeless battle. All credit to them for trying...oh wait, did they even try? What happened to the $30,000 they got for the 'first' month? There were no updates on the courtcase whatsoever. It seems as if Lowkee (alias of the Lokitorrent administrator) and sold the entire BitTorrent community out, and done a runner with many peoples' hard earning money.

Bye bye donated money
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 02-10-2005 at 09:38 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    n00b
    Good call...i just got there...read the notice and shat myself.

in a way Im glad i didnt donate although a couple of friends did.....lets see what comes of it.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    how comes my post got locked?

I posted before this guy didnt I?

ah well.

there goes my 10 quid
    Last edited by darkmatter; 02-10-2005 at 10:10 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    oscarxp's Avatar BLACK ANGEL PRODUCTIONS
    According to oddcrap from the Neowin.net Forums, after having spoken to Lowkee himself, the site has been taken down by a request from the judge at the trial. The images being hosted on the Lokitorrent server add to the fact that the site hasn't actually been taken over by the MPAA. So basically, they are still bullshitting us, but maybe not as we thought. Or maybe...
    Black Angel Productions

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    wtf?? BT is dyin....lowki torrent got shut down....holyshat....
    BT IS DYING!!
    FUK
    BT IS DYING!!
    FUK
    BT IS DYING!!
    FUK.....

NO...NO.....NO......NO

I DONATED $30.00 BUCKS....FOR NUTHIN
    Last edited by sameer0807; 02-10-2005 at 10:28 PM.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster
    Lowkee is probably sitting home with his money reading this thread and laughing at the donaters...HAHAHA.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Quote Originally Posted by Skydragon
    Lowkee is probably sitting home with his money reading this thread and laughing at the donaters...HAHAHA.
    FUKIN *****!

ya man u r right..

I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!! WHAT A SCAM.
    Last edited by sameer0807; 02-10-2005 at 10:29 PM.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    He made a ton a money and managed to sell his domain for a lot of money. It appears he sold out to the community.

Good thing torrentspy is still going strong. It's still the most popular torrent community right now.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast