Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Get a Life?

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I have to disagree with you there bud.

Egocentric folk can't handle insults. I think you sometimes mistake ego with confidence also. Sometimes they are intertwined. Some basketball players are very good and also confident...sometimes humbleness goes by the wayside because of it.

Invulnerable online for me means that a member can't affect my life by insulting me.

(you are trying to do that thing again, it doesn't work)
    whatever cawkmunch

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    FFS, I wasn't trying to get at you, and I'm not trying anything.

I know you care what people say on here, otherwise you wouldn't be so damned paranoid.
    Paranoid is someone walking around my backyard at night.

My perception of what you are trying to do (you've done it more than once) is just that.

I'm very keen on such things.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    So, you're not insulted by on-line comments, but you feel the need to argue.
    You don't feel that you have to be here, but you are are more often than not.
    You have a list of people you don't like, but have said you don't know any of us.

I personally like quite a few people in here, and if one of them said something insulting, then yes I would be hurt. If it was eejit just name calling and fishing for an arguement, it wouldn't doesn't bother me in the slightest.

The forum is not essential in most peoples lifes, it's just another way of communicating with other like minded people and stealing music. I'm sure if the forum was closed tomorrow, I could track down the people I enjoy talking to, and on the plus side it would rid me of all the negative threads I feel compelled to read.

Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Paranoid is someone walking around my backyard at night.

My perception of what you are trying to do (you've done it more than once) is just that.

I'm very keen on such things.
    What exactly do you want from me?

Do you want me to end every post that isn't intented to subtly insult you or something somehow with a "this post is in no way intended to hurt busyman's feelings except when so is expressively stated"? 'cos I can do that if you want.

Again, I don't think you suffer under the assumption that the rest of us don't matter. I think that you care a bit more than you'd like to admit, but that's cool, it just shows that you are human like the rest of us.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilmiss
    So, you're not insulted by on-line comments, but you feel the need to argue.
    You don't feel that you have to be here, but you are are more often than not.
    You have a list of people you don't like, but have said you don't know any of us.

I personally like quite a few people in here, and if one of them said something insulting, then yes I would be hurt. If it was eejit just name calling and fishing for an arguement, it wouldn't doesn't bother me in the slightest.

The forum is not essential in most peoples lifes, it's just another way of communicating with other like minded people and stealing music. I'm sure if the forum was closed tomorrow, I could track down the people I enjoy talking to, and on the plus side it would rid me of all the negative threads I feel compelled to read.

I have a need to argue? Explain. I don't need pussy. I just want it reeeaaally bad.
    I am not here more often than not...24 hours in a day.
    I have a list of people that do nothing for me...a CWOT. There is nothing that I gain from them....no intellectual information, not even a good insult.

Again, as far as being hurt on here...it's the fucking internet. I have had too much real life tragedy to stock this forum as a crush to my psyche.

I recognize an insult or when someone is trying to go at me and treat it accordingly. Maybe I think it's fun.
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-13-2005 at 04:50 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. Lounge   -   #26
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    I think that you care a bit more than you'd like to admit, but that's cool, it just shows that you are human like the rest of us.
    Why else do you think he keeps coming back.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    All words have power. In many ways to see something written down in black and white can be more stark and unsettling than the spoken word.

Some are rather better at teasing kindly through the written word than others.

As in any walk of life, some are also more tolerant than others.

I enjoy this board - apart from the occassional dip into the Yahoo message boards this is the only one I visit. It is entertainment and also a pleasure because real communication does take place. It is also remarkably troll free - unlike the Yahoo boards which are trollers refuges.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Lilmiss's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    There is nothing that I gain from them....no intellectual information, not even a good insult.
    Theres always something to gain from these people, even if it's the knowledge of staying out of their threads.

Alright you're not here 24-7, but you have to admit you are here a lot,
    so you must gain something from being around. And most of the time, I enjoy reading your posts. I have no idea how Lynx offended you, but I bet he did it in the most stylish way possible.

A lot of us have had real life tragedies, but find a few helpful words
    from people not directly involved in the problem help so much.
    Last edited by Alien5; Today at 12:51

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    you're just here for t'flirting and well you know it.

and t'political intrigue
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

10. Lounge   -   #30
    What exactly do you want from me?

Do you want me to end every post that isn't intented to subtly insult you or something somehow with a "this post is in no way intended to hurt busyman's feelings except when so is expressively stated"? 'cos I can do that if you want.
    I didn't ask for that.

Please continue.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast