Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Get a Life?

Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Withcheese
    I do. It's in my profile.

Me too.

And yet here we all are...
    ....and so real people should get a life.

Age in a profile means shit. I suppose WithCheese is your real name too.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Tweedy old crow
    What I mean is Busyman...

That for some people the net is a way to express themselves like they are not able to in real life. I suspect there are more people like me around here and it's sometimes not nice to get a nasty reply to something you've been struggling to say for months...

Surely, just being nice and not being snipey is not much to ask?

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky1
    What I mean is Busyman...

That for some people the net is a way to express themselves like they are not able to in real life. I suspect there are more people like me around here and it's sometimes not nice to get a nasty reply to something you've been struggling to say for months...

Surely, just being nice and not being snipey is not much to ask?
    Don't get it twisted.

I'm not saying go out of one's way to discount other's feelings. I love a good logical discussion like the next intelligent person. I grew up around trash talking, slap boxing, and body punching as recreation. I have done comedy and had hecklers I had to deal with.

This forum thang has got me finishing my screenplays while I make music. Very weird. It gives me a good laugh most of time. Most folk need to lighten up

I guess I don't look at it as a integral part of life and I personally don't think anyone should. If you are feeling bad about something said on this forum after getting off the computer, reevvvvaallluu8 yourself.

There is so much out in the world that to put so much stock in this forum box does a diservice to one's self.

Think Differently
    Question Everything
    Use Logic Or STFU

Words to live by...
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-11-2005 at 09:32 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Tool
    I understand where you are coming from Skweeky1. People always say it's not real life but I don't think that is an excuse to be nasty to people. I'll be nice to you

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Tweedy old crow
    As I said busyman... for some people this is very real and it hurts, maybe even more so than in real life, when someone is nasty to them.

And I'll be nice to you ginguar

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Tool
    Personally, I have never had anyone be as nasty to me in real life as they are on the internet. I find it very weird that people that you hardly know tell you that they hope you die of cancer etc. It's so easy to be horrible to people because you can hide behind the net. A large amount of the people who are truely nasty on the net are gutless in real life (and in a sense gutless on the net). I have a life (a very boring one but I like it) I find the net is mostly a great place where I have met many wonderful people.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ginguar
    Personally, I have never had anyone be as nasty to me in real life as they are on the internet. I find it very weird that people that you hardly know tell you that they hope you die of cancer etc. It's so easy to be horrible to people because you can hide behind the net. A large amount of the people who are truely nasty on the net are gutless in real life (and in a sense gutless on the net). I have a life (a very boring one but I like it) I find the net is mostly a great place where I have met many wonderful people.
    Somewhat my point.

I don't how a person reeeeaally is because I only know them from the net. They are in essence a member name.

I get nasty with some when they are nasty to me......like clockwork. For some like

leftism
    blackerdays
    UKResident

...they are dead too me as far as the net is concerned. They have nothing useful to offer me, not even a thoughtful insult, so they are a CWOT.

lynx was another that almost ranked red on my personal fuck-you-o-meter but that's pretty old and he doesn't really talk to me and I don't talk to him so there's no reason to blackball.

btw I don't shit like "I hope you die from cancer", and never have...unless I really meant it, in which case I wouldn't apologize for it.

@Fugs - if this forum shut down today and wouldn't like it at all but I also wouldn't cry about it either. There are some that will and that's a shame.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skweeky1
    As I said busyman... for some people this is very real and it hurts, maybe even more so than in real life, when someone is nasty to them.
    When you get insulted here it's purely intellectual, irl there are other factors like chemistry and aestetics, so when someone insults you on here you might feel that it's more intense, because they are really insulting who you are, inside.

That doesn't mean that I wouldn't insult someone that deserved it on here, just because they might cwy tho'.

But I think the people that handle insults best on here are those who have developed a superiority complex/those who are deeply egocentric. The key to being invulnerable online is thus simply a matter of looking down on everybody else.

Another thing to consider is who it is that is insulting you, It'd hurt a whole lot more if someone I respected insulted me, instead of the occasional run of the mill AOL fourteen-year-old or madman that most often sends me death-threats and similar, the only emotion they evoke in me is a mild sense of mirth.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-13-2005 at 04:12 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    But I think the people that handle insults best on here are those who have developed a superiority complex/those who are deeply egocentric. The key to being invulnerable online is thus simply a matter of looking down on everybody else.
    I have to disagree with you there bud.

Egocentric folk can't handle insults. I think you sometimes mistake ego with confidence also. Sometimes they are intertwined. Some basketball players are very good and also confident...sometimes humbleness goes by the wayside because of it.

Invulnerable online for me means that a member can't affect my life by insulting me.

(you are trying to do that thing again, it doesn't work)

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

10. Lounge   -   #20
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    FFS, I wasn't trying to get at you, and I'm not trying anything.

I know you care what people say on here, otherwise you wouldn't be so damned paranoid.

I don't think I could hurt anyone on here if he was egocentric in such a way that he believed that he was the only one that mattered. I think I might be closer to being so than you, if I'm to be totally honest, even tho' I don't like it when that aspect of myself rears its ugly head.

But I guess that there are different ways of being egocentric.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast