Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Get a Life?

Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilmiss
    I used to have an Uncle that lived there.

(He's still alive, btw.)
    Teh stabbing must have put a strain on the relationship. T'is no wonder he is elsewhere (i.e. anywhere but Inverness)
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

2. Lounge   -   #42
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    i asked for that but they try to rip me off
    Hey, I don't think £5-a-post is too much to ask for a "I'm not trying to covertly insult TheDave™"-guarantee.

3. Lounge   -   #43
    lynx's Avatar .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    :phear:

I was in Inverness recently, tho' I was only passing thro'.

I think I mentioned it, going to Elgin. Normally I would cut across country from Aviemore, but I couldn't be arsed with all the corners. So I went to Inverness and took a right.

Is that too much information.
    I assume you were just mentioning this "in passing".
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Lounge   -   #44
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    you persist in this, when it is quite obvious that it is part of real life and becoming more so.
    Well case and point...

I just came from the basketball court at my gym.

A friend of mine just fell out....his eyes were glassy and blank...paramedics took their fucking time getting there and took him to the hospital.

We went back to playing ball after he was taken.
    He had no history of seizures or problems...

Next thing we know one of the other fellas who wasn't playing comes back from the hospital to the gym and says....

xxxx DIED!!

REAL LIFE...

You think I should give a fuck about someone calling me Bustyman or cawkmunch when there is shit like that happening? Should I actually be hurt?

Folks on here need a reality check.
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-13-2005 at 11:22 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

5. Lounge   -   #45
    Sorry for your loss.

Out of respect for your friend I think we should drop this discussion, if that's ok with you?

6. Lounge   -   #46
    Edit: To explain the first line in bold, Busymans post was not there when I was typing it. My sympathy goes out to Busyman, obviously.

Well, looks like this thread has reached it's acme and is now gone silly, but a very nice read. A tip of my hat to those who have contributed to this fine thread.

I think the internet is real life and you can injure people with harsh words.

I agree with Busyman that people who are emotionally self sufficient and have a secure world away from the forum are "flame proof". It doesn't matter what people say, when I logoff, I still think that I am ok.

Egocentric comes in 2 flavors.

Some people think that they are correct, and smart and handsome and the cats ass, for no reason that anyone else can understand. They have no interest in your trivial comments as they are the only ones with meaningful comments. They are flame proof. And also have no insight.

Others are egocentric in that they think they are special and should be treated as such. People should go out of their way to praise them. Rules apply to others, they are obviously exempt from them.

Any post that does not endorse their point of view or praise them is like a seering brand and they react with extreme emotion. I could supply a fine example, but I'm not here to flame.

Busyman is right. Our healthiest posters are those who are self-confident or emotionally self sufficient. Call them a "fuck head" and they laugh and say "whatever". They come here for fun and nothing anyone says to them is going to hurt them in any meaningful way. I think that is why Busyman says that this is not real. He will carry no scars from this board, he has seen real-life trauma and felt real-life pain and no words from a 14 y/o is going to upset his equilibrium. Many people are not so balanced and a lot of that has to do with age and success in life.

You people cannot touch me but trolls do piss me off as they undermine my fun here. A time to get away from real concerns and just shoot the shit.

The forum is both real and unreal at the same time.
    Last edited by hobbes; 02-13-2005 at 10:26 PM.

7. Lounge   -   #47
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Well case and point...

I just came from the basketball court at my gym.

A friend of mine just fell out....his eyes were glassy and blank...paramedics took their fucking time getting there and took him to the hospital.

We went back to playing ball after he was taken.
    He had no history of seizures or problems...

Next thing we know one of the other fellas who wasn't playing comes back from the hospital to the gym and says....

CHRIS DIED!!

REAL LIFE...

You think I should give a fuck about someone calling me Bustyman or cawkmunch when there is shit like that happening? Should I actually be hurt?

Folks on here need a reality check.
    who else thinks hes chatting shit just for sympathy?

a friend of yours just dies and you come online to post it on a forum?

BULLSHIT

8. Lounge   -   #48
    Hobbes, is there no one online whose opinion you value then?

I can understand what you say, as far as random strangers and idiots go. But what about someone with whom you've been discussing various matters on here, or elsewhere, and someone you feel is your friend, what would happen if they suddenly decided they didn't like you as a person, and told you so in the cruelest way possible?

I know it'd sting if someone I liked, for instance lilmiss (to pick someone out of this thread) told me she hated me and meant it.
    I wouldn't be able to shrug that off and continue as if nothing happened, even tho' I've never seen her face to face.

That's what I mean about feeling it when it is someone I do respect.

To me it doesn't matter that much where I talk to someone, what matters is who they are. Idiots can't hurt me IRL either, well physically some can, obviously. But you know what I mean, I hope.

EDit: @scribblec: be quiet please, is that really necessary? I've never seen him make anything like that up just to prove a point, he isn't netweiser or someone.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-13-2005 at 11:00 PM.

9. Lounge   -   #49
    Scribblec,

You are such an idiot, please leave the forum. You're just an ass, a complete ass.

I know Busyman, I argue with Busyman, he is always wrong when he disagrees with me, but he would never create a fake death for your sympathy.

Go fuck yourself.

10. Lounge   -   #50
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by hobbes
    Scribblec,

You are such an idiot, please leave the forum. You're just an ass, a complete ass.

I know Busyman, I argue with Busyman, he is always wrong when he disagrees with me, but he would never create a fake death for your sympathy.

Go fuck yourself.
    how about you choke on my dick and die?

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast