Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars KOTOR 2: Tech Help

Quote Originally Posted by Guyver
    KeyWord "Fine"...We Want it to work GR8!!
    and dammit ati...

Fine as in had no problems so far. Toddiscool has an ATi 9200 and he's been playing it with no problems.

2. Games   -   #12
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I have the same card 9200 ati no problems

that black screen comes up before the movie clips wait about 15 seconds

KOTOR 1 had some ATI issues with crashes and their wasn't a patch to get around it I had to get around it myself.

it involved coping a DLL file from an old catalyst 4.1 then install the new drivers then coping that DLL back too the new drivers i had installed then it worked flawless
    Last edited by Adster; 02-13-2005 at 11:20 PM.

3. Games   -   #13
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    I have the same card 9200 ati no problems

that black screen comes up before the movie clips wait about 15 seconds

KOTOR 1 had some ATI issues with crashes and their wasn't a patch to get around it I had to get around it myself.

it involved coping a DLL file from an old catalyst 4.1 then install the new drivers then coping that DLL back too the new drivers i had installed then it worked flawless

Yeesh. I have only read people who have the 9200, and had no problems. I already uninstalled KOTOR2, I had waited 2 minutes after the movie. And by the way, it wasnt before a movie, it was after a movie, I was waiting for it to start gameplay. I had no graphics problems with KOTOR 1. The official KOTOR 2 specs say that the x300 is compatable with the game.
    Last edited by orcutt989; 02-14-2005 at 03:39 AM.

4. Games   -   #14
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    sorry wish I could help more

have you tryed posting in their tech forum thats where I found how to fix KOTOR 1 ati problems mayeb allot of ATI guys haveing same problems

5. Games   -   #15
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Both games had problems with ATI cards? Do they have something against ATI?

6. Games   -   #16
    Guyver's Avatar FORUM STONER
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy
    Both games had problems with ATI cards? Do they have something against ATI?

there just retards

Smith is a bag of douche,FACT.

7. Games   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    sorry wish I could help more

have you tryed posting in their tech forum thats where I found how to fix KOTOR 1 ati problems mayeb allot of ATI guys haveing same problems
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    EDIT: I just read at the Obsidian KOTOR2 Tech Help forums that this game doesnt work with ATI cards yet. I also read that the music is rendered at 48kb/s... Way to cheap us out Lucas. Let's not make a 5th Cd, let's just make all the music sound like shit. Hopefully a patch will come out for the ATI bug.
    OKee?

8. Games   -   #18
    help im sorta stuck what do i ise to install the game with i have the same verasion the MisterX & MisterY copy / rip and deamon tools doesnt work w.ith it can any one help me please thanks

9. Games   -   #19
    dlx
    i maybe have a similar problem with kotor 2 but i have a nvidia card. however the game works fine actually, but the screen goes black and reports no signal when videos are played - this already starts at the intro - the first thing i see is the loading screen...i've tried every possible combination of resolutions and frequencies but that didn't work and i have no clue what could cause that...

would be cool if you guys could help me with that because i'd very much like to see those damn videos

thx in advance

dlx

10. Games   -   #20
    ATI Card users ((Except 9200)) Go to ATI, and install latest driver package. There was an update on Feb 9th, for my card, and now KOTOR 2 works. Cool game. The black screen problem is fixed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast