Thread: how do servers keep track of stats if two player have same nick?

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    I play cod for fun online, but have gotten pretty good. I play on a specific server usually which has updated stats on it. Now im just curious - what if someone were to use my nick and went on the server and played awful.. could the server differentiate between my connection and his? I know the other person would have a diff IP, but people's IP's change all the time. I heard something about GUIDS... but i dont know what that stands for or what it does?
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. Games   -   #2
    Expire's Avatar Problem solved...
    Quote Originally Posted by mogadishu
    I play cod for fun online, but have gotten pretty good. I play on a specific server usually which has updated stats on it. Now im just curious - what if someone were to use my nick and went on the server and played awful.. could the server differentiate between my connection and his? I know the other person would have a diff IP, but people's IP's change all the time. I heard something about GUIDS... but i dont know what that stands for or what it does?
    would the server even let 2 people on with the same nick?

3. Games   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Expire
    would the server even let 2 people on with the same nick?
    I'm not sure, but its not like im connected to the server 24/7.. so even if they didnt allow 2 at once.. im not playing most of the day and that issue wouldnt arise.

4. Games   -   #4
    Expire's Avatar Problem solved...
    Quote Originally Posted by mogadishu
    I'm not sure, but its not like im connected to the server 24/7.. so even if they didnt allow 2 at once.. im not playing most of the day and that issue wouldnt arise.
    well do u have to reg and shit, if so it will just log u and wont let anyone else have that name.

5. Games   -   #5
    Its prob done through your cd key, like the secruity of the server logs your cd key for stats and to check your cd key is real.

6. Games   -   #6
    i dont have to register.. although i did on their forum. but the stats are seperate.. not the same database. @Peerzy - Someone jacked my cd key so I use the server because its cracked and doesnt require a cd key. But your answer makes sense if it was a normal server.