Thread: Ultra Slow Downloads?

Ok, Ijust got a new laptop and downloaded the classic BT client. Anyway, all of my downloads are going at 3 Kb/s even though i have a cable modem. Is there some port or something i need to specially open? I have a firewall, but KaZaA works fine with it on, and even if i turn the firewall off BT goes just as slow

Any suggestions?

Thx a bunch

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Poster
    wut site are u using and it also depends on how many seeders u are connected to

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by h121589
    wut site are u using and it also depends on how many seeders u are connected to
    Yeah it really depends on the site ur dling from, the seeders, and peers mostly and even the client makes a difference. I have noticed Azureus to be the fastest for me.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Retired
    do you have a router?

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    i understand it depends upon the server. but on my old computer i was getting 30 KB/S easy from this site and that was 3 days ago. Yes i am using a wireless router the computer is a laptop. Why is there something special i need to set up? Come to think of it My kazaa downloads are worse speed/ability to download from (stays at searching and connecting forever)

If anyone could tell me how to configure the router to allow Kazaa and BT to work please tell me. I've tried turning off every single firewall on the computer already btw.

Thx a bunch

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Need to port forward. There is a guide to it in the stickies. How you do it depends on the router.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Starstreaker
    i understand it depends upon the server. but on my old computer i was getting 30 KB/S easy from this site and that was 3 days ago. Yes i am using a wireless router the computer is a laptop. Why is there something special i need to set up? Come to think of it My kazaa downloads are worse speed/ability to download from (stays at searching and connecting forever)

If anyone could tell me how to configure the router to allow Kazaa and BT to work please tell me. I've tried turning off every single firewall on the computer already btw.

Thx a bunch
    www.portforward.com