Popular hack to get unprotected, free music for 14 days
warlock1711 of club.cdfreaks.com first described this method. By using napster's 14 day free trial and winamp to bypass the DRM, you can get a ton of free music.
1. Download and install winamp
2. Download and install Output Stacker for winamp
3. Download and install Napster
4. You will need to upgrade from napster light and register for the free trial which includes inputting your credit card information.
5. Use napster to download and download
6. Configure winamp and output stacker with the following:
- in winamp click options menu
- click preferences
- click plug-ins
- click output
- click Dietmar's Output Stacker
- click the configure button
- add out_ds.dll from winamp's plug-ins folder
- add out_disk.dll from winamp's plug-ins folder
- select out_disk.dll in the output stacker plug-in and select Configure
- set the output directory
- set the output file mode to Force WAV file
7. Play the protected WMA files in winamp
8. As each file is played, an unprotected wave file will be created in the output directory
9. These *.wav files can be burned straight to a music CD or ripped to MP3s.
10. Remember to turn off this plug in after you are done as EVERYTHING played through winamp will generate a raw *.wav file.
11. Before 2 weeks are over, cancel napster (if you wish)
- In Napster click the My Account menu
- Click Account Status
- Click Cancel Free Trial