View Poll Results: The First _______ President of the United States?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Enlightenment

7 46.67%
  • Regression

4 26.67%
  • Something Else Entirely (Please Explain)

4 26.67%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The First _______ President of the United States?

j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    You create a political / politically correct cleft stick. It is rather clever (admitted) but also a wee tad sleekit.

I may have asked this before, have you ever considered "spin doctoring" as a career.
    Quite right; I do so intentionally.

There is about much of the polling apparatus extant a tinge of the "have you stopped beating your wife yet?" quality that liberals have favored over the years, and I wanted to try it for myself.

My intent was serious, though:

I am sure you are aware that there are a great lot of liberals in America who have waited many years to enjoy the crowning achievement of (for example) electing the first black or female President.

If the first black or female President is, however, conservative, rather than liberal, they will never forgive us for having denied them what they believe to be their liberal birthright, you see?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

2. Lounge   -   #22
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4

I am sure you are aware that there are a great lot of liberals in America who have waited many years to enjoy the crowning achievement of (for example) electing the first black or female President.

If the first black or female President is, however, conservative, rather than liberal, they will never forgive us for having denied them what they believe to be their liberal birthright, you see?
    Once again you are portraying "liberals" as something you think they are, not what they actually are.

As one that you labelled "liberal" I have no great desire to elect the first colored/female president. I have a desire to elect a president that will best suit my ideals. If that person is black or female or both then so what?
    It matters not one jot if the first female or black president is a republican conservative. Judgement should be made on ability, not gender or color.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quite right; I do so intentionally.

There is about much of the polling apparatus extant a tinge of the "have you stopped beating your wife yet?" quality that liberals have favored over the years, and I wanted to try it for myself.

My intent was serious, though:

Head Way To Far Up Politcal Science Buttocks.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Once again you are portraying "liberals" as something you think they are, not what they actually are.

As one that you labelled "liberal" I have no great desire to elect the first colored/female president. I have a desire to elect a president that will best suit my ideals. If that person is black or female or both then so what?
    It matters not one jot if the first female or black president is a republican conservative. Judgement should be made on ability, not gender or color.
    So you say.

This makes you somewhat atypical, but a liberal nonetheless, vid.

Fence-sitters are wishy-washy, and even though you also fit that bill of particulars, I shall refrain from labeling you thus in order not to overload you with adjective labels.

Who was the last conservative, or even the last Republican you voted for?

I gather you are old enough to have voted in several presidential races, and also state and local elections.

The fact is, if you have several elections' worth of votes under your belt, and have yet to vote for a conservative or a Republican, merely saying you'd vote for the best candidate regardless of party affiliation counts for precisely zero if you've never managed to cross that line.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Head Way To Far Up Politcal Science Buttocks.
    Really, B, that's uncalled for.

Besides, anyone who actually believes it to be a science is way to wonky to post in here.

As one who lives in D.C., I believe you could attest to this.

I am many things, and I am well aware there are likewise many things I am not, but I don't think anybody could call me a wonk.

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #26
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    So you say.

This makes you somewhat atypical, but a liberal nonetheless, vid.

Fence-sitters are wishy-washy, and even though you also fit that bill of particulars, I shall refrain from labeling you thus in order not to overload you with adjective labels.
    how am i a fence sitter? i have strong views on almost everything, even if those views sometimes hit dead middle.

Who was the last conservative, or even the last Republican you voted for?
    i actually voted bush snr....the first time.... i wasn't around and didn't vote in the next election so didn't vote clinton in but would have if i had voted, the reason for missing voting was just bad timing with personal matters.
    But as to my point...if the said female/black president was a conservative/republican and i found them lacking quality performance i would judge them on that...not the fact that they were female or black...gender and race has nothing to do with it. I will also go as far as to say that if a dem/lib female/black person mucks up i would judge them the same way.

To make it clear it has NOTHING TO DO WITH RACE OR GENDER and everything to do with results.

The rest of your post is immaterial as you have no idea how i have voted.

Edit: i'm sure i gave you a list of recent ex and current presidents i would vote for in order of preference Clinton was 1st then Bush snr. 2nd.....Jnr. was last and then i would need a gun to my head to do it...
    Last edited by vidcc; 02-17-2005 at 04:01 AM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    The rest of your post is immaterial as you have no idea how i have voted.

Which is why I asked the question.

-Mark Twain

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Really, B, that's uncalled for.

Besides, anyone who actually believes it to be a science is way to wonky to post in here.

As one who lives in D.C., I believe you could attest to this.

I am many things, and I am well aware there are likewise many things I am not, but I don't think anybody could call me a wonk.
    I don't think you are wonky. However, I believe you think like a politician. You even politick on this board and talking about how the world works instead of how it should be working.

You are into everything political, just like my mother except she's Democrat.

Sometimes I try to tune her out when she getting all "Democratical" on me but alas she is still my mother.
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-18-2005 at 01:25 AM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    I don't think you are wonky. However, I believe you think like a politician. You even politick on this board and talking about how the world works instead of how it should be working.
    Wrong.

I think as one must to understand politics and politicians.

As to my discussing "how the world works" as opposed to "how it should be working"?

Let me tell you this:

I have plenty of ideas about how the world should work; somehow, though, I have gotten the notion no one here is really interested, because if they don't get their ideas from listening to a pie-in-the-sky liberal elitest expert, they sure don't want to hear one from the like of me.

One more thing-if you don't care to understand how the world we live in works, exactly how do you propose to go about changing it?

-Mark Twain

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Wrong.

I think as one must to understand politics and politicians.

As to my discussing "how the world works" as opposed to "how it should be working"?

Let me tell you this:

I have plenty of ideas about how the world should work; somehow, though, I have gotten the notion no one here is really interested, because if they don't get their ideas from listening to a pie-in-the-sky liberal elitest expert, they sure don't want to hear one from the like of me.
    Oh I would LOVE TO HEAR (SEE) IT!!!!

THE WORLD ACCORDING TO J2!!!

I have many views that are conservative and liberal. You seem completely to the right yet you'd be surprised on what we agree on.

I deal in logic. I'll turn on the Democratic party or the Republicans.

The reason you hear me spouting against conservatives mostly is because we have a conservative President and congress so most law and policy is generated or directed by them. If it's idiotic then they get the brunt of the curses.
    Example: The part of the Medicare bill where there is no negotiating on price....there may have been some Dems that voted that in but they weren't the primary offenders of that idiotic illogical piece of shit legislation.
    I used to talk about Clinton pretty bad but I wasn't a forum flyer then.

I used to talk about Clinton pretty bad but I wasn't a forum flyer then.
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-18-2005 at 04:20 AM.

---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123