Thread: Buying a used Printer. Installation CD?

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Hello,

I'm going to buy a used Printer (Cannon, model # I dunno). The printer doesn't come with the installation disk.

My question is, how I'm going to install the Cannon Printer on my PC without a installation disk?

Please advice

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    You can usually download the printer drivers and software from the manufacturers website. All you have to do is figure out what the model number is. I lost my HP All-in-One printer's installation CD, so I got the drivers/software from HP.com.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Quote Originally Posted by Rip The Jacker
    You can usually download the printer drivers and software from the manufacturers website. All you have to do is figure out what the model number is. I lost my HP All-in-One printer's installation CD, so I got the drivers/software from HP.com.
    Thanks!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Rip The Jacker's Avatar Retired
    No prob, as soon as you figure out what the model number is, head over to http://www.usa.canon.com/html/download/ and download the software.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    chances are if you're using xp it will do it automatically. the driver discs for the last scanner and all-in-one i got didn't actually work so i just let xp do its thing. now they work just lacking a few features, unimportant ones though anyway