Thread: Avg email scanner problem.???

enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    For some reason my personal avg emailscanner has stopped working.I`m running windows xp pro with service pack two.This is what it looks like.When i try to reactivate it it won`t.???

I only installed windows xp this weekend and avg 7 also.I`m also running zone alarm as well.Could one of you kind chaps tell me an easy fix for this .I`ve had a scout on the internet and tried putting the host server in zone alrm but this has not fixed it.

/Edit i also used firefox as well

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by enoughfakefiles; 02-15-2005 at 07:48 PM.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Have you tried uninstalling Avg and reinstalling it...a pain I know but it may be that in your work something has been deleted accidentally

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    Quote Originally Posted by vidcc
    Have you tried uninstalling Avg and reinstalling it...a pain I know but it may be that in your work something has been deleted accidentally
    I think i sussed this problem.I think it was because you can have a few different users on your computer with windows xp.What i did was go to restart my computer to see if it cured the problem and it came up with the message that there was an otther user use my computer.My dad`s been on the computer today messing about.

He said he`d tried his login page.I also dug a bit deeper on the interweb and you can manually configure the avg email setup but it looks complicated.

Fingers crossed it`s fixed now after restarting.