Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: why can't we delete out on post/threads

muchspl2
    this is the only board I'm on that we are treated like kids and can't delete our post.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    Retired
    Because it can become a complete mess if we allow it. People start removing their own posts after X days which means threads will look 'incomplete' because the qoutes and later replies look off-topic/ strange.

If you want your thread closed or removed just post it in the report section

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    muchspl2
    mods can see any post that are deleted, I still don't see the problem...

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by muchspl2
    mods can see any post that are deleted, I still don't see the problem...
    if post are 'completely' deleted mods don't see a removal notice

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    lynx's Avatar .
    I've yet to see a board where you CAN delete posts.

Firstly, threads. Once someone has posted a reply they have as much right over the thread as the thread starter, why should one poster have the right of censorship over others?

Secondly posts, why would anyone want to delete one? Generally it only serves to make subsequent posts look foolish and that's a perfect reason for not allowing it.

If it is because the poster is ashamed of what they have written, I can only suggest they should have thought ahead a little. But there's still the edit facility.

Generally, it is kids who want to take back what they have said, by not allowing it we expect people to behave as adults. In the real world it can't be done, and it isn't going to happen here either.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I really don't see the reason to need to delete your post...just edit it for whatever u need to, and if u hate what you wrote (want it removed0 just edit the post and put something else in it's place.

why can we not change thread titles though?
    Last edited by tesco; 02-16-2005 at 09:02 PM.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by rossco_2004
    I really don't see the reason to need to delete your post...just edit it for whatever u need to, and if u hate what you wrote (want it removed0 just edit the post and put something else in it's place.

why can we not change thread titles though?

Yeah i think any thread starter , should have the right ti change the thread tittle...

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Again with thread titles it's quite simple to ask a mod to change it for you. I've only ever needed mine changed a few times for spelling mistakes and the mods have always been helpful.

Being able to edit thread titles would more than likely lead to abuse. I can already think of a few ways I'd be abusing it.

As for deleting posts there's just no need for it, personally I don't think people should be able to edit their posts after a certain time either but I understand that that can get in the way of the two people who write guides on the board...
    Last edited by Withcheese; 02-17-2005 at 01:34 AM.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i think its pretty obvious why just allows pple to spam more and get there post count up make a post delete it make a post delete it

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    i think its pretty obvious why just allows pple to spam more and get there post count up make a post delete it make a post delete it
    I think the post count would go down when you delete a post though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast