View Poll Results: Zoloft made me do it!

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • One should be held accountable

6 46.15%
  • The drug took over therefore I am not guilty.

7 53.85%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zoloft made me do it!!!

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    zoloft has reportedly made hundreds of people homicidal

2. Lounge   -   #12
    sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    If we carry on like this, it will turn out that every murderer, criminal, violent git, rapist, sadist, and child molester will be rummaging in their medicine cabinet to find an excuse for their crimes....

Ultimately I believe (with absolutely no evidence whatsoever) that the overwhelming majority of people are to blame for their actions and should take personal responsibility.

I get a little pissed off with the amount of lame excuses for bad behaviour...just because these people have problems is not a good enough reason to pat them on the head and say 'there there, its ok that you just beat up that old lady to get her purse....you've had a bad upbringing, its not your fault...bless' .

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    zoloft has reportedly made hundreds of people homicidal
    ...and the electric chair reportedly kills hundreds of homicidal people......
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. Lounge   -   #14
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    ever heard of the saying - if the player plays bad, sack the player. if all the players play bad, sack the manager.

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Unless a substance makes you completely disconnected from the world around you, it shouldn't prevent you from at least having an inkling of what you are doing.

Besides, if a drug flukks you up that bad then you shouldn't have taken it in the first place.

Use drugs by all means, but don't blame them if you fuck up while under the influence, you chose to take them in the first place.

(Unless someone slipped them in your drink, hmm)

6. Lounge   -   #16
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    I think causal implications such as substance use for genuine medical reasons are not essentially a just reason to "get away with murder" however it should be taken into account when it comes to punishment.
    If someone has a mental condition that requires medication and that medication had an adverse effect then the punishment should involve treatment and not just punishment.
    This does of course depend on ones opinion as to if it should just be punishment or rehabilitation as well

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    Arm's Avatar Poster
    A modern reinterperitation of the Twinkie defense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12