Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: popups

I keep getting this popup. It will always take me to this page. Any ideas what it is and how to get rid of it...

http://vv7.al.57e.net/prks.php?pin=8...yware+removal&

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by ricochet
    I keep getting this popup. It will always take me to this page. Any ideas what it is and how to get rid of it...

http://vv7.al.57e.net/prks.php?pin=8...yware+removal&
    adware/spyware scan?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Kinda of ironic, don’t you think? Spyware popping up ads to removing itself.

Anyways give Microsoft AntiSpyware a shot.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    is it a popup in an internet explorer window or does it say messenger service on it?

if internet explorer then do spyware scans with a spyware scanner program.

if it's messenger service ones then go to start>run>services.msc>find messenger and double click>set startup type to disabled, and click the stop button then apply settings.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Its not messanger ( its disabled) and I have run scans with spybot and microsoft Antispy, Still getting it...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Try Adaware and X-Cleaner. Adaware is free but X-Cleaner isn't, although there is a free version you can use that catches a lot of stuff - I've had it spot a couple of things Spybot, Adaware and the MS one all missed.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK
    Try Adaware and X-Cleaner. Adaware is free but X-Cleaner isn't, although there is a free version you can use that catches a lot of stuff - I've had it spot a couple of things Spybot, Adaware and the MS one all missed.

Why the fuck is that I wonder ? Is that like the fable of ,build a better mouse trap and the world will beat a path to your door.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    Why the fuck is that I wonder ? Is that like the fable of ,build a better mouse trap and the world will beat a path to your door.
    Dunno mate, but not everyone's latest signature files will cover all the shit that's out there.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    enoughfakefiles's Avatar Ad ministrator
    I doneloaded tha newest version of ada-ware yesterday to upgrade my old then all of a sudden i get pop-urs from avg saying that i`ve been infected with the trojan downloader agent which kindly infected several files in my sytem information volume.Which has something to do with sytem restore.

Dam windows xp it`s a virus magnet.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Chewie UK
    Dunno mate, but not everyone's latest signature files will cover all the shit that's out there.
    Ya I know, pain in the ass ! Guess thats why most recomend to have two or three spyware programs running .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast