Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bittorrent on timer?

Poster
    I was wondering if there is any bittorrent client that you can tell when to start and when to finish downloading.

The background to this is that there is an ISP in UK that has unlimited d/l between 1-6am and was wondering if i could set the client to only d/l at this time

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    DarthInsinuate's Avatar Died in battle
    you can download a plugin for Azureus that will let you do this
    The Sexay Half Of ABBA And Max: Freelance Plants

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    or you can tell your firewall to only allow connections during that time....which will also work with any other app
    <insert signature here>

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    I t\ke it your with Plusnet as well? On the bright side the free increase to maxium avalible speed should soften the blow.

Does anyone know of a good firewall that will let me set times for internet access? Preferbly one that would allow me to restrict download but not upload (Upstream is not counted in my ISP limits)

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    i use sygate, and have blocked my up and down for newsgroups, but i think that you can specify up or down - i can have a look tonight, if i remember...

and im looking forward to the speeds, i reckon ill get 4mb (hoping ), as my line can (according to the bt checker) get 2mb now. I intend to leech like a good un overnight

though someone i know well only lives a couple of hundred yards frm the exchange, so hes gonna get (almost certianly) 8mb - ....bastard, im so jealous
    <insert signature here>

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Get netlimiter, allows you to throttle your bandwidth or compleatly cut it off, and set up scheduals for when this should happen, you can set up upload and download seperately.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by namzuf9
    I t\ke it your with Plusnet as well? On the bright side the free increase to maxium avalible speed should soften the blow.
    Actually I was thinking about it....so had to see if their caps could stop my bittorrent downloading.

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    nope - cant see that they will...im downgrading to the £22 per month package, saving £8 pm, not bad at all
    <insert signature here>

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    namzuf9's Avatar Poster
    I dont think plusnet are supporting 8meg lines yet. But hoprfully I'll get the 4mb connection as I'm literally round the corener from my excahnge.

Cheers for the advice anyways guys, I'll have to have at look at the apps.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    they currently do up to 2mb (as with all of BT) and April>September some exchanges will get the opportunity to go to up to 8mb (4 if you cant get 8) and then the rest of the exchanges will be activated for up to 8 from september, so you may be lucky
    <insert signature here>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast