Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The future of gaming

There is no other program apart from Steam working to deliver games to our pc's right now. HL1 had an inbuilt patcher where you went through the start menu and under Play HL1 it had Update HL1 where it would randomly pick a server and check the latest version and update for you, but it wasn't forced on you like Steam does, you could choose if you updated or not.

Im totally relaxed, i just always have to be right.
    Last edited by Peerzy; 02-21-2005 at 07:15 PM.

2. Games   -   #12
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Peerzy
    Im totally relaxed, i just always have to be right.
    Amen to that, brotha!

3. Games   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy
    Amen to that, brotha!
    That should be:

Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy
    Amen to that, brother!

4. Games   -   #14
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    , Twigboy, you could try downloading the deviance version of HL2 , which doesnt require to be activated . If you desperately wanna play HL2.

5. Games   -   #15
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    That should be:

I rest my case.

6. Games   -   #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Formula1
    , Twigboy, you could try downloading the deviance version of HL2 , which doesnt require to be activated . If you desperately wanna play HL2.
    DEViANCE didn't release any version of HL2, your thinking of VENGANCE. DEViANCE havnt been scene active for nearly half a year now. Also he could get the PROViSION Collectors Edition, you won't be able to play online or update the game but you don't have to touch steam or connect to the internet.

7. Games   -   #17
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    That should be:

Amen to that, brother!
    Unless it's supposed to be "Amen to that, now let's go to the brothel".

As for the actual topic i tend to avoid games with online subscriptions and stuff like steam, I think it's a bad idea.
    Last edited by Snee; 02-21-2005 at 09:40 PM.

8. Games   -   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by SnnY
    Unless it's supposed to be "Amen to that, now let's go to the brothel".

As for the actual topic i tend to avoid games with online subscriptions and stuff like steam, I think it's a bad idea.

The try meaning of his sentance is yet to be uncovered

I agree Steam is a piece of shit, but the games it runs with are great, if only they could offer a steamless version. Alot of people cannot play Counter Strike Source because the latest patch (which you have to install or you cnanot play any of your games) buggered it up, on a normal game a few people would try and then tell everyone else not to upgrade. Also unlocking HL2 on 56k takes up to an hour, and then you have to be connected while you play, unless you go into 'Offline' mode which is fucked and connects to the net without asking you anyway. Valve are the Microsoft's of game makers

9. Games   -   #19
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    so its not just mine then which the offline mode doesnt actually work

10. Games   -   #20
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    so its not just mine then which the offline mode doesnt actually work

Nope its everyone, also the Friends/Buddy list doesnt work so you never know where other people are in the game (server wise) and Steam has had some major issues with Xfire (bombing the whole computer and such). Also they fail to update CSS which for about 40%-45% is unplayable but add a new weapon into HL2DM. Untill Valve release a new patch CSS is fucked for millions of people. Also VAC there anti cheating system doesnt work at all, all it does is scan HL2.exe type thingy, where as most people know you can run a hack from a seperate program. VAC2 was promised to be included with HL2 retial so should have been finnished 3-4 months ago and there saying 'soon'. Also Half Life: Source they just replaced the water and added ragdoll's on NPC's. Blue Shift isnt included in the Gold edition so you get every HL game apart from Blue Shift.

Welcome to Steam, what should we fuck up next?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast