Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: An unfortunate juxtaposition of interests rectified?

sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    more people might be interetsted in your opinion/article if you didn't post it fucking bright blue text.

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    The "wit" thing is not semantics. The sentence as written simply doesn't make sense, it's that simple.

I find I can agree certain issues with people, whilst totally disagreeing with their general ideology. I once read an article on abortion which I found both insightful and moving. It had been written by Ian Paisley, a man whose politics I find appalling and whose sectarian bile is second to none. Go figure.
    Well...it was semantics to me. I got the intent and logic behind the article without the "wit" focus so it was rather tertiary or for that matter "totally off my radar". I totally agree with your second paragraph, however.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr JP Fugley
    The "wit" thing is not semantics. The sentence as written simply doesn't make sense, it's that simple.
    perhaps need to widen your international vocabulary

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    well if i hammer everything...

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    yes whit is a small amout but the question was did the blogger mean a small amount or was he being more insulting.

wit

1. The natural ability to perceive and understand; intelligence.
    1. Keenness and quickness of perception or discernment; ingenuity. Often used in the plural: living by one's wits.
    2. wits Sound mental faculties; sanity: scared out of my wits.
    1. The ability to perceive and express in an ingeniously humorous manner the relationship between seemingly incongruous or disparate things.
    2. One noted for this ability, especially one skilled in repartee.
    3. A person of exceptional intelligence.

Much as this will upset J2 and i have repeated so that you can see why it would make sense, it is (even though i agree with the point the blogger made) an anti liberal piece, And as such the intent could have been that liberals don't have the ability to understand the concept of common sense. This has been suggested many many times by many conservative bloggers.

For j2 i will state that those bloggers do a diservice to conservatives and it's just unfortunate that they seem to get lumped in with conservative bloggers that can make their view clear without having to demonise the "other side

"nowt so queer as folk" would not make sense to many here because the usage of the word queer, although having multiple meanings wouldn't make sense. (that and nowt means neat cattle)
    Last edited by vidcc; 02-23-2005 at 07:00 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Sorry to chime in on these "semantics" but both meanings for whit and wit fit.
    However, JP's whit fits better in the article's sentence when looking at past contextual usage of the word.
    Still I say, "So the fuck what!!!". I normally see this from JPaul or maybe even manker. Did anyone look at the article's verb conjugation and also spellcheck the motherfucker too!!!

Onward...

The point of article was basically

"You Liberal Groups Are Dumb Shits And Here's An Example"

It's fairly obvious from the title of the article.

It's funny how j2 says I missed the point when usually "the point" is in an article's title.
    Last edited by Busyman; 02-23-2005 at 08:45 PM.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    I suggested it would be preferable to use "the" instead of "a" however again It comes down to it being American and not English, Americans have slang based on location just as the British do.... the use of "t" instead of "the" for example

The American Language although readily understandable is a variant of English.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    yeah, a wit doesn't work at, i think a bit sounds too.... common?

i find it hard to believe j2 posted it to really make a point about liberals, it's just an interesting commentary on a rather odd situation where certain groups of liberals seem to lack common sense.

in short, not a real bash at the left wing, more a joke

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    yeah, a wit doesn't work at, i think a bit sounds too.... common?

i find it hard to believe j2 posted it to really make a point about liberals, it's just an interesting commentary on a rather odd situation where certain groups of liberals seem to lack common sense.
    J2 did not wish to make the anti liberal point...of that i am sure. .. however the blogger certainly does. That is why i suggested J2 put the point in his own words.... Because the blogger had a good point on HIV just a pity it had to be used in an anti liberal context
    Last edited by vidcc; 02-23-2005 at 07:17 PM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    meh, whatever. its an extraordinary story and it was worth posting

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast