Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TorrentSpy : THE TRUTH FOUND OUT BY Me LOL

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    protowall and peerguardian are just placebo in my opinion. If MPAA etc. want to catch you they will. Unless you actually run the site or are one of the first releasers, I don't believe the MPAA will be going after you. They would much rather spend their resources shutting down the sites and preventing 1000's from downloading than suing a few people and recovering some pocket change.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    and you havent considered that the ip in that could be mine, and you're just blocking my attempts to send you the file on my uber-fast connection
    <insert signature here>

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Hollywood Interactive was located at the same datacenter where we are hosting Torrentspy now. This is why peer guardian and those other programs detect the torrentspy IP range as being Hollywood Interactive. Torrentspy is not affiliated with Hollywood Interactive or any movie association such as the MPAA.

We're working on getting our IP removed from that list.

Xanthus
    Torrentspy.com

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    Nice. I use torrentspy as my main torrent source, hate to see it change. Lol.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Poster
    okay so its done HW intercative has nothing to do with torrentspy becasue toorentspy said it itself case closed ~~

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Quote Originally Posted by neotheone
    okay so its done HW intercative has nothing to do with torrentspy becasue toorentspy said it itself case closed ~~
    Doesn't take much to convince you,does it?
    Or were you being sarcastic?

Not saying Xanthus is full of sh*t but he can pretty much say anything he wants.

For all you know he could be a MPAA wanker acting like the owner of torrentspy.

No offense Xanthus
    Just trying to say to neo that anybody can be anyone saying anything.

Sort the IP thingy out and all should be well.
    Last edited by Filliz; 02-23-2005 at 11:29 AM.

hmm...asspie

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Oh noes!!!

Hollywood is running one of the biggest torrent search engines...the fiends, who would have suspected?

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    protowall blocks the range 64.27.0.0-64.27.31.255 for hw interactive

torrentspy's ip addy is 64.69.41.91 cant see why the hell you are getting hits. but at a guess i would say its the ads. check ircspy.com as well and see if the ads there set it off.

I had a look about and it appears other are having problem with protowall blocking this range. for a start it instantly blocks the indymedia server in dc

http://64.27.25.165

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Do you realise the scope of this range?? 64.27.0.0 Some jackass submitted 11,005 IP addresses as being hollywood interactive. Our websites themselves are not on the list. It's our ad server that is. We're simply going to change the IP.

Do you REALLY think that hollywood interactive would run a major torrent site if their entire GOAL was to stop torrent sites?

Do you EVEN know if hollywood interactive even cares about filesharing?

Take off that tin foil hat guys and relax.
    Last edited by Xanthus; 02-23-2005 at 06:48 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Formula1's Avatar Poster
    I always have peer guardian running in the background. and it seemed when i downloaded most torrent files , HW interactive will always try to connect with me, but peer guardian is able to reject the ip from connecting to me. , so mainly it's because of torrent spy ( i use torrent spy for most of my movies )....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast