Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Firefox questions

numba1xclusive's Avatar Xclusive Gangsta
    2 questions...first, where the hell is the firefox cache folder??
    second...have any of u guys gotten a problem with firefox where it takes foreever to load and it just lags the shit outta ur pc, and also, u need to clikc on a link like...10 times before it works?

Da Numba1Xclusive King

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    It's under C:\Documents and Settings\<your name here>\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles in the cache folder.

But the cache isn't set up the same way as the ie cache is. The files are encoded in some way.

And no, I've never had that problem. You got the latest version?

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    numba1xclusive's Avatar Xclusive Gangsta
    See this is the problem..I dont see that Application Data folder. And yes, I got the latest version.

Da Numba1Xclusive King

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by numba1xclusive
    See this is the problem..I dont see that Application Data folder. And yes, I got the latest version.

Oh its there .Whats the cache set at? The default of 50000kb? O hh you have folders hidden! I just checked mine noticed its a hidden folder . Check your folder properties and tick show all files and folders .
    Last edited by peat moss; 02-23-2005 at 01:28 AM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Harsh!'s Avatar n00b
    Youll find that Firefox is not as great as its Anal Fanboys would like you to think....
    Its really nothing special...Its limited really by not being able to access Windows Update..Well documented that it has memory issues, but its fanboys will tell you its a "natural occurrence" and theres nothing wrong with it..

Nice big troll\flame\discussion at neowin.net..read it here
    http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=288645

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Quote Originally Posted by Harsh!
    Youll find that Firefox is not as great as its Anal Fanboys would like you to think....
    Its really nothing special...Its limited really by not being able to access Windows Update..Well documented that it has memory issues, but its fanboys will tell you its a "natural occurrence" and theres nothing wrong with it..

Nice big troll\flame\discussion at neowin.net..read it here
    http://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=288645
    Anal ? Yep , I find ccleaner and firefox work pretty good together . I keep IE for sites that Firefox can't access tho . Simple really .

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Access the cache by typing about:cache into the address bar.

There have been many posts about the links prob ~ there are solutions ... but I can't remember what they were! Ask @ the FF user support forum.

FF does take longer to load - IE is very tightly integrated into Windows - hence one of the problems with security (the others being the non-W3C standards compliance, terrible CSS support, nearly the only browser to not fully support Alpha transparency for PNG ... so, on).

I think IE is the only *I think* browser that can use Windows update because the Windows update site uses non-w3c standard code & technology.

But it is true that FF seems to suffer from memory problems on some systems - they are working on it (very slowly). As an alternative you could try Opera.
    Last edited by wipe709; 02-23-2005 at 04:42 AM.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    zacspeed's Avatar Pheasant plucker
    Cough - Opera - cough

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by zacspeed
    Cough - Opera - cough

Omg Fi|23F0X Pwns that anyday.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Its limited really by not being able to access Windows Update.
    If that's all it's limited in,and I think that's pretty much it,all I can say is:
    So?

hmm...asspie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast