Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: For F*cks Sake!!

Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Ok I realise I'm gonna get "I told ya so's" etc for this, but I gonna say it anyway.

AOL

Ok I'm on a 1 meg connection, yesterday my d/l went to 320k , upload stayed stable at 238k, so last night I went on live help online, the bloke basically told me a load of shit, then went home cos it was midnight
    So this morning I go back on live help and again get fobbed off, after a while of me trying to explain whats going on he told me to phone up.
    So I phoned.......

This is where it gets funny, sometimes when you phone aol you get Irish helpers (who are great) and sometimes you get Asian help (who don't help).
    I got an asian guy the first time, he told me it was my extention cable
    I told him it was'nt, we argued, he repeated himself 30 times and refused to give me a speed test.

I phoned again, got another asisan guy who basically done the same.

I phoned AGAIN and got an Irish chap, first thing he done was gave me a speed test saw there was a prob, asked me to restart my router (which I done several times last night and this morning) and while I was doing that he was doing checks and repairs.
    Once my router had restarted and he finished doing what he was doing, my connection is back to normal.
    Now why could'nt the other 4 people I spoke to do that???

Also while on the phone I asked about the free upgrade, all aol packs are doubling in size for the same price.
    I pay £29.99 for 1 meg which is going upto 2 meg.........but not til May.
    However, I set a friends puter up the other day with aol and he has the upgrade, £24.99 for 1 meg.
    I said to the aol guy that this is like me being a local and getting half a portion of chips from the chippy and a holiday maker behind me getting a full portion. They reckon new customers get the full pack while existing customers have to wait
    I can't cancel it til October cos they reset my contract when I upgraded.
    Also the doepy twat refused to let me talk to his supierior or give me an email addy, I got a PO box ffs.
    I laughed my arse off and said "So you're telling me as my ISP I can only contact you via snail mail" he was like "Could you repeat the question please Mr.Jon"

It's all a lot of crap really, but the point being that the Irish guys RAWK!!!! and the asian guys suck face big time.

And before anyone says anything about rascism, I'm not being rascist, I'm stating FACT.

Manker, Back me up here, you on aol

Anyway, I'm going to work

Jonno

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10

3. Lounge   -   #3
    Cheese's Avatar Poster

4. Lounge   -   #4
    UcanRock2's Avatar Phantom Gander
    My neighboor has AOL, and is always...

That's like AOL's so called "Accelerator".

It's supposed to speed up your connection 5X...but what's the real speed before & after.
    Last edited by UcanRock2; 02-24-2005 at 01:36 PM.

5. Lounge   -   #5
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonno
    Manker, Back me up here, you on aol
    Yeah, I'm on AOL, however I don't let their software infest my PC.

The only time I've phoned AOL is when I subscribed 2 years ago, wouldn't know the number -- I'm pretty good at resetting my router.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    I told ya!!!

You racist!!

Yogi

7. Lounge   -   #7
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I didn't properly read the post initially, just seen my name.

I'm not being racist, but ... asians are crap at tech help.
    I'm not being racist, but ... you can only work for asians if you say 'please this is a shop not a library please now thank you'.
    I'm not being racist, but ... Prince Harry wearing a swastika is funny.

That's just the stuff that's stuck in my head.

Please to be shutting the fuck up about not being a racist. I don't think you are one, you may be a bit of a reactionary, sensationalist generaliser but I cringe when I see or hear the words 'I'm not a racist, but ... .'

Ugh.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Vargas's Avatar gone fishin'
    i'm not a racist, i hate everyone equally

9. Lounge   -   #9
    Illuminati's Avatar Simple Bystander BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Please to be shutting the fuck up about not being a racist. I don't think you are one, you may be a bit of a reactionary, sensationalist generaliser but I cringe when I see or hear the words 'I'm not a racist, but ... .'
    Probably because in our country & age, there's not as much chance of taking the piss out of someone without being called a racist/sexist/anti-disability/nationalist/whatever.

There's making jokes out of other people and then there's intended prejudist offense - It's the (more ignorant) dogooders who don't care about the difference between them and cry about anything with even a hint of offense against someone that makes the "not a racist but" statements a necessity at times.

In my uni flat there's me, four scottish and three irish and we take the piss out of each other, but none of us would call any of us racist or nationalist.
    Last edited by Illuminati; 02-24-2005 at 02:18 PM.

10. Lounge   -   #10
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Yeah, I take the piss out of you - ya theiving scouse bastard - all the time, the mere thought of racism never enters my head.

It's the phrase "I'm not a racist ... but" which does my head in :pet hate:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast