Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BTK 'Person of Interest'

sArA's Avatar Ex-Moderatererer
    Suddenly I find myself more interested in J2k4's irrelevant secret than the original topic......

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Poster
    I have been pressed.

In my employment as a City Hall Manager, I oversaw the compliance department in my City.

I attented quite a few schools and workshops in the ordinance compliance area, and Dennis Rader attended them also, as compliance supervisor of Park City.

He was older than me and we didn't socialize in the same groups, but I sat at tables with him and everything.

I liked him. He had a nice smile and was very knowledgable and helpful.

I was still reeling from Dennis's arrest and discussed it a bit with J2.

I know it was stupid and naive of me, but I always thought that if I came across this type of 'evil', (for lack of a better word) I would somehow have a clue or sense it and steer clear of it. As I said there was nothing about this man that concerned me a bit, in any way.

I didn't mention it because in the scope of things it seemed kind of trivial..... Imagine his family right now. To have lived and loved day in and day out for all those years and never even for one minute suspecting he was capable of this. I cannot fathom how they are coping with this.

I originally wanted to post and warn everyone to just be cautious, to not trust very easily.

But another part of me says I will be damned if I let this man's evil have any influence on my life or how I live it.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Just goes to show, you never can tell.

On the other hand....I suppose having actually met a serial killer (should he prove to be guilty) would be a good after dinner topic of conversation should there be a lull....

Sorry....irreverance is a failing of mine, this is not intended to be offensive or flippant, but....well....it sprung to mind...

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Sara

On the other hand....I suppose having actually met a serial killer (should he prove to be guilty) would be a good after dinner topic of conversation should there be a lull....

Sorry....irreverance is a failing of mine, this is not intended to be offensive or flippant, but....well....it sprung to mind...
    Just so-

Would you pass the potatoes, please, Sara?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Suddenly I find myself more interested in J2k4's irrelevant secret than the original topic......
    Then you, moderatererer, fell into the bed of spikes.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    She'll be fine, B.

Pass the gravy, won't you?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman

innuendo?

(well, it is late for me..... )

Here you go J2k4.....do you need the salt?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Poster

Great, then you got my point!

Sara, there are actually 'lulls' in the conversation of dinner parties you attend? Sounds a tad bit....well, for me, anyway....a tad bit unusual, and possibly a little on the boring side.

Well, I try not to condemn people by what they find offensive or flippant, or even if they have a tendency to 'irreverance'. So not to worry.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    I was talking purely hypothetically....I am not usually one for dinner parties.

Can you pass the gravy back please J2k4?
    Last edited by sArA; 03-03-2005 at 02:27 AM.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    I was talking purely hypothetically....I am not usually one for dinner parties.

Can you pass the gravy back please J2k4?

Surely-mind, it's very hot.

-Mark Twain

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123