Thread: Need some good info software.

Expire's Avatar Problem solved...
    My mate gave me this simple piece of software that told me everthing about my comp and I mean everything. thing is, ive formated since then and cant remember the name of the program.

Do any of u know something simular to this? im in need of some info. Plus it will be good for the future.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Lavalys Everest (home version is free - I use the Pro version), or Sisoftware Sandra - (free lite version).

If it was a while ago, I'm guessing it was Aida32 - no longer being developed - Tamás Miklós, the project leader of Aida32 has moved to Lavalys Everest.
    Last edited by wipe709; 02-26-2005 at 02:32 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Expire's Avatar Problem solved...
    Quote Originally Posted by wipe709
    Lavalys Everest (home version is free - I use the Pro version), or Sisoftware Sandra - (free lite version).

If it was a while ago, I'm guessing it was Aida32 - no longer being developed - Tamás Miklós, the project leader of Aida32 has moved to Lavalys Everest.
    Perfect, just what I was looking for.

Thnx.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    A really simple one is Belarc Adviser . It fits on a floppy and uses your web browser to display your info.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    Aida 32 is also good.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    Aida 32 is also good.
    Not in develpment anymore unfortunately - so the newer a system is, the more out of date it will get.
    The lavalys Everest Home version is very much like the old Aida32 - except there are some features that you can only get in the pro version.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I use sandra, found it very handy, it dont miss muc

http://www.sisoftware.co.uk/

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Quote Originally Posted by peat moss
    A really simple one is Belarc Adviser . It fits on a floppy and uses your web browser to display your info.

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html
    I have used that before.

Only thing I find faulty (and this is just my own preference- maybe not even a legitimate fault) with it is that if you print-out the results for future use, or save the information to floppy, it is material that you do not want to leave lying around as it displays all your software keys and identification numbers.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    @Izagaia, your right but I'll take the good with the bad . It came in handy when I wrote down a s/n wrong . It beats looking in the reg.