Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need a DL Prog.

bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Im sick of dealing with winmx which doesnt have many files and kazaa lites bullshit.

I want a good program. I tryed bearshare but it installs adware and I dont want that. I tried Emule but for some reason I never can forward ports and I dont have ne clue how to use emule..

Whats a damn good program thats fairly easy to use (or if its not you can explain to me how to tweak it) and has a lot of files?
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    If you wanna take the step take a look at the NG Kit in my sig then.
    Its a bit of work at first but once youve got it youll never find better really.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    I like Ares. But Grabit beats the hell out of anything
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    Im actually using NewsLeecher these dyas as it makes GrabIt look like crap in what it can do.
    Although oddly GrabIt is most likely the next best thing and a good starting point...

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    I want a prog with a lot of people and a lotttt of files...does grabit have that?

...I was looking at some screenshots and it doesnt seem to be what I want really. I want something simple where I can just go to search and find it. Not have to figure out what to connect to and shit.

With bearshare can I have them install Save! and then uninstall it and it will still work?
    Last edited by bigdawgfoxx; 02-27-2005 at 04:56 PM.

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgfoxx
    ...I want something simple where I can just go to search and find it. Not have to figure out what to connect to and shit....
    Me too. I tried emule for the first time (yesturday) and all it doies is sit and wait. Looks like a millions sources, but nothing happens. I can write fake progam and and make people wait too.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    Filliz's Avatar ______________
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgfoxx
    I want a prog with a lot of people and a lotttt of files...does grabit have that?

...I was looking at some screenshots and it doesnt seem to be what I want really. I want something simple where I can just go to search and find it. Not have to figure out what to connect to and shit.

With bearshare can I have them install Save! and then uninstall it and it will still work?
    Seriously,once you figured out how Newsgroups work it will be the first place where you'll look to download files.It might look a bit complicated at first,but you'll get the hang of it pretty fast
    Consider Usenet as a big server on which all kinds of files are stored just waiting for you to download them at max. speed.

Other than that try bittorrent,emule.
    Lots of people and lots of files.
    Downside is that your downloadspeed depends on the people you're connected to.
    With newsgroups you always download as fast as your connection can go(or pretty close to it),and you don't have to worry about people you're downloading from going offline because there are no people to download from
    Last edited by Filliz; 02-27-2005 at 05:22 PM.

hmm...asspie

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Filliz
    ...Other than that try bittorrent,emule...
    I tried BITORRENT, and that is good and fast.

My ISP, since the last time I looked doesn't "provide news group" service, unless an extra fee is paid. I don't even know what that means. Sounds like a lot of work for the general masses to be willing to do this grabit. I'll give it a try tonight. Right now I am in a hurry to burn some disks.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    yeah but bitorrent is not a program u can just open up like winmx..

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    kazaaman's Avatar Proud Indian
    Ares is very easy to use and excellent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast