Thread: The supernatural

brenda's Avatar Reborn again BT Rep: +3
    I went to see a 'medium' yesterday. I went because I was curious and I went with an open mind. I left thinking that it was a load of rubbish, nothing more that lucky guesses and information that she based my replies to questions. I would have been chuffed to bits had she been able to tell me something substanial but alas it was not to be.

Anyone here had a psychic experience? or anything weird for that matter
    This fate is worse than death. Condemned to live out existence in a vessel incapable of sustaining my true glory. How am I to function with such limitation? - Illyria

2. Lounge   -   #2
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    it cost money to realise that

3. Lounge   -   #3
    manker's Avatar effendi
    I went with some people from work a few years ago - I was 21, I think - to get my Tarot cards read. I probably didn't go there with an open mind since I've always thought anything supernatural is made up by people.

My experience was similar to your's. I think the most insightful thing she said was that I'd been close to a few women in my life and that there's likely to be more :yawn:
    Last edited by manker; 03-03-2005 at 05:26 PM.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    It does say Reborn Again in your av...............

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    They just want your money.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    I think the most insightful thing she said was that I'd been close to a few women in my life and that there's likely to be more :yawn:
    Did you go back and pay for more?

Back to the thread: No I dont believe in the supernatural. If I did I would be religious.

My brother told me that one night when he was leaving the cemetary to come home. The usual story dark and rainy night etc. An old couple asked him for a lift. While driving along my brother and his wife were in constant conversation with this couple. He stopped to give way at a road junction. When he looked in to his rear view mirror, the old couple had disappeared. Needless to say my brother and his wife are deeply religious.

I know! Why would the old couple sit in the rear view mirror?
    Last edited by bigboab; 03-03-2005 at 06:21 PM.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Virtualbody1234's Avatar Forum Star BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    Did you go back and pay for more?

Back to the thread: No I dont believe in the supernatural. If I did I would be religious.

My brother told me that one night when he was leaving the cemetary to come home. The usual story dark and rainy night etc. An old couple asked him for a lift. While driving along my brother and his wife were in constant conversation with this couple. He stopped to give way at a road junction. When he looked in to his rear view mirror, the old couple had disappeared. Needless to say my brother and his wife are deeply religious.

I know! Why would the old couple sit in the rear view mirror?
    Good hallucinogenic drugs.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    He stopped to give way at a road junction. When he looked in to his rear view mirror, the old couple had disappeared.
    Taxi drivers the world over understand fully

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtualbody1234
    Good hallucinogenic drugs.
    Are you saying Karl Marx was correct when he said:

Religion is the OPIUM of the masses.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.