Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Thread: is Kazaa finally dead

It seemed like alot of people moved to limewire, but even that is eh, a smelly fish

2. File Sharing   -   #42
    I haven't used kazaa in ages i prefer torrents. I think thats the way forward

3. File Sharing   -   #43
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Kazaa is stil around because everyone goes through stages in thier life of digital piracy.

Kazaa is the light stuff. Very easy to use, well know. It's the program the kids all start with. Some never move on to higher forms of piracy.

The second stage is a program like emule. A little harder to use, slightly better content. People will general move to this stage after they get tired of the spoofing and viruses that infest the first level.

The third level is BitTorrent or IRC. With these forms of piracy viruses and fakes are very low. The draw backs being that BitTorrent is the most dangerous protocal for file trading out there. All that needs to happen is 'The Powers That Be' join a swarm and they can get the information of everyone in the swarm regaurdless if they connect to them directly or not. Also download speed is limited by upload speed and the number of people in that swarm.
    I never got too involved with IRC, but from the little I did use it content was limited and dealing with bots can be a pain in the ass.

The next two levels involve money and many users refuse to pay-to-play.
    There's Usenet, a pre-internet system that has become much easier to use recently with nzb files. Benifites include full contection speed on all downloads, good content, little or no fakes, no uploading (sharing) on the part of the typical user.

The last and higest level is the 'Topsites'
    Not many users will get to this level. They are secerative and hard to get involved with. This is where all the stuff really comes from. You need to know the right people, have the ability to provide money, content, or skills. Plus the ability to kiss ass. It's basically a collection of FTP sites.

Kazaa serves as a gateway to bigger and better things

4. File Sharing   -   #44
    Fulanito's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    hmmm.....sounds familiar....
    " I didn't want to become Peruvian, i just got lucky "

No preocupetion mister! A mi los Apaches me apapachan!
    Once a noob, always a noob!

5. File Sharing   -   #45
    ChairmanOfTheBoard BT Rep: +1
    kazaa will always be alive in some form or another as the lowest/easiest method of piracy....

6. File Sharing   -   #46
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    To those that say kazza was always dead, you are wrong because kazza was a very popular client for a while.

7. File Sharing   -   #47
    Broken's Avatar Obama Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orcutt989
    To those that say kazza was always dead, you are wrong because kazza was a very popular client for a while.
    True,
    and I remeber when Napster was "the shit" too.
    But that was long ago and time only runs in one direction.

8. File Sharing   -   #48
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    kazaa users should move too limewire if not torrents or usenet.

9. File Sharing   -   #49
    Kazaa is not good, I always use limewire or torrents.

10. File Sharing   -   #50
    Kazaa is on the track of destruction.
    No one comes to it and lots others leav it.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast