Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good backup software?

Urgent

Why don’t you consider online backups? I think online backup is the right solution to keep your data securely offsite. Having your backup data in the same HDD is a risk against disasters.

We use this online backup service, there are options to schedule automatic backups every day/ week/ month or however you require it to do. All you need to do is select the files, save it as a backup set and schedule it for regular backups.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    fkdup74's Avatar Pneuberator.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannahjace
    Why don’t you consider online backups? I think online backup is the right solution to keep your data securely offsite. Having your backup data in the same HDD is a risk against disasters.

We use this online backup service, there are options to schedule automatic backups every day/ week/ month or however you require it to do. All you need to do is select the files, save it as a backup set and schedule it for regular backups.
    two reasons why I wouldn't:

1. security/privacy (why put my personal files in someone else's hands?)
    2. bandwidth (I have plenty, but why waste it on something I can do locally?)

HDDs aren't very expensive these days (unless you're an SCSI fan)
    too cheap & easy to set up some kind of redundancy locally to justify the risks of online storage IMO
    Last edited by fkdup74; 02-11-2006 at 03:28 PM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    "I went over to a friend's house the other day. He was having problems with his computer and he asked me to look at it, and I realized he had Windows Me and it's like, oh no—that's your first problem."-Michael Dell, founder and CEO of Dell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12