Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New user to BT have i missed the boat.

A while ago my mates started telling me about BT and i was not convinced i tried other programs before but i kept with my faithfull Mule (eMule). I have recently realised what a fool i was and there is a load of stuff i really want! like stargate DVD images and Babylone 5 dvd images!

But now im a convert all the sites seem to be being screwed by the evil captialist elite...

Is BT on its way out?

If not what site should i be using!!

Many thanks guys and gals!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    BT is not like kazaa that u must use a client to get ur stuff of, u must be using site to get ur files a clients just downloads them for u.
    get "Azureus" bt client and signup for a good bt tracker like elitetorrents.org or u can just use torrentspy.com if u dont want to singup .
    on user based sites(eg elitetorrents) new files get there quickly and u can get them at ur maximum download speed but on non user based(eg torrent spy) ull not get new files so fast and u might wait till u get a decent speed(mostly a well published file will be downloaed at high speed even with non userbased site)

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Ok i have got this Azureus i have not set up any port redirection but it seems to work...i tried ET and FileList but they are at full membership ...

Will i get on?
    Last edited by blop; 03-01-2005 at 02:57 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    well i have an invite on elitetorrent but u must prove ur worth it.
    aka tell me ur internet connection speed and make me belive u wont just waste the invite.

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    wow is this like a job interview...?

Well im on a 512/256 adsl 20:1 contention ratio, soon upgrading to 1mb as sdsl is never going to get to my neck of the woods!
    I normally upload at around 15kb as this seems to allow me to surf while im p2p'ing, and am no leecher.
    I run 2 pcs one for my use and one as a dedicated p2p server that runs pretty much all th time.

And as to if im going to waste it..... As soon as i find stargate/babylon 5 etc im gonna p2p till my isp cuts me off

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    lol
    these invites r pretty hard to get, if u see there r some trading going on for invites on this section.
    anyway give me ur email and ill send ya the invite.

Benjamen button

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    cheers man!!
    [email protected]

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    done

Benjamen button

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    woot! im in! and omg there is the whole 8 series of SG! waiting for me....when i get home my phone line will be glowing!!

Cheers mate!

ET seems to have a massive wealth of files...is it considered the best site?
    Last edited by blop; 03-01-2005 at 04:51 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Harsh!'s Avatar n00b
    Quote Originally Posted by bawa@Klite_user
    well i have an invite on elitetorrent but u must prove ur worth it.
    How many invites you have left??
    And can I have one please?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast