Thread: Wanted: A Very Long engagement...with english subs

Hi all i hope i have not broken any forumn rules by posting this but im in desperate need of getting this film.

My GF is giving me tons of moaning because "You always seems to get things you want...but when i want something...blah blah blah"

I have downloaded 3 copies now but none have english subtitles...although im sure i saw one with swedish subs.

Anyone seen a copy?

Many thanks

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    why don't you just get an english subtitle file separately, then just use DirectVobSub or BSPlayer to display the subtitles on top of the movie. that'd be much easier than downloading copy after copy of the same movie?

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Hi cheers for the reply...

Sorry to sound dumb but i have never known i could do that until know... i have just searched for a subtitle file in google but come up blank is there a website for subs?

In addition would i be able to combine them with a movie file and burn them as a complete svcd?

Many thanks... ill continue my google quest!

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    i just looked on the eDonkey/Overnet network... you can get 'um from there. it's a 72kb file ending with the extension SRT.

if the timing doesn't match up to your movie file, you can correct it with a program like Subtitle Workshop (www.urusoft.net). i find the best way is to match the times of the first and final lines of the subtitle with when they actually appear in the movie, by clicking Edit -> Timings -> Adjust -> Adjust Subtitles. get the first and final lines right, then it'll automatically correct everything in between. you might have to play around with it for a few minutes, to really get it fixed though.

also, yeah it is possible to permanently add the subtitles onto the movie file. i think the term is "hard coding" or "hard encoding" the subtitles, meaning they're permanent and non-removable. there's prolly a few different ways you can achieve that... here's one guide to making a subtitled VCD/SVCD with TmpgEnc: http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/128720.php
    Last edited by 3RA1N1AC; 03-04-2005 at 01:42 AM.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 3RA1N1AC
    i just looked on the eDonkey/Overnet network... you can get 'um from there. it's a 72kb file ending with the extension SRT.

if the timing doesn't match up to your movie file, you can correct it with a program like Subtitle Workshop (www.urusoft.net). i find the best way is to match the times of the first and final lines of the subtitle with when they actually appear in the movie, by clicking Edit -> Timings -> Adjust -> Adjust Subtitles. get the first and final lines right, then it'll automatically correct everything in between. you might have to play around with it for a few minutes, to really get it fixed though.

also, yeah it is possible to permanently add the subtitles onto the movie file. i think the term is "hard coding" or "hard encoding" the subtitles, meaning they're permanent and non-removable. there's prolly a few different ways you can achieve that... here's one guide to making a subtitled VCD/SVCD with TmpgEnc: http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/128720.php
    You are a star!! thank you very much!