Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobile Phone Games? How to Install?

silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Lincoln-Imp
    Where from
    From the internet on the phone. T-Mobile phones have GPRS where u can dl games, wallpapers, ect from.

2. Games   -   #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Gam3Guy
    From the internet on the phone. T-Mobile phones have GPRS where u can dl games, wallpapers, ect from.
    ah oki, im on o2. Im on www.skinnyfatman.com and they have loads of games that are jar files. Ive downloaded them and sent them to my phone by bluetooth but i cant them to work. I tried using that nokia program but i the files never showed up when you had to select what application you want to sent.

3. Games   -   #13
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    I am sure if you just put the games in the right directory, they will show up. No installing needed, since you are copying the files, that is pretty much the definition of installing. I am pretty sure there arent any registry keys, or anything else that need to be added...

4. Games   -   #14
    I just downloaded Sensible soccer.jar. Before installing i was just wondering is there a possibility these files can damage your phone in anyway and can jar files be dangerous?

5. Games   -   #15
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLY-THE-FISH
    Hi,

Got a Nokia 6230, and have downloaded some new games for it via E-mule
    All the games seem to be 2 files, 1 a .Jad file and the other .jar file??

What do i do with these?
    I got bluetooth adaptor and everything but just not sure how to install?

cheers
    Find your phone on the blue-tooth network (you may need to turn blue-tooth on in the phone, and remember to turn it off after you are done), drag the .jar files over to the public folder on your phone (not sure what the jad is, maybe sounds or something, so you may wanna send them together, like in a folder or so).

They'll show up as messages now, and if you check them you should be asked about installing them, so do that. .jar games show up under extras>programs in symbian, I think. Whereas .sis files show up in the main menu.

It's how it'd work on an n-gage anyway.

RE: dangerous .jar files: there are some trojans in the form of sis and maybe even .jar files, so a bit of caution might be in order, and watch out for "metal gear solid" as it's a known trojan.
    Last edited by Snee; 03-21-2005 at 08:40 PM.

6. Games   -   #16
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    I usually run .jars through this before I install, that way I see if they work, and that they are what they are supposed to be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12