Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Half-Life 2, too much installation crap

Novice
    Who thinks that there is just too much time and too much crap being installed when you install Half-Life 2?? I had to use 5 cd's, wait 30 minutes to install and it took 4.5 gigs of hard drive space. I think they should do something about this.

2. Games   -   #2
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    No, it only installs hl2 and css you can choose not to install eaither or before the installation process begins.

3. Games   -   #3
    Novice
    yeah cause mine installed css, half-life 2 ofcourse, and something else...its like an its own installation software. but Ill try to do it again and try to custom install. and also, why does it take time to load if you want to connect to server if you want to play online. I have Doom 3 and Halo, it dont take that long. Its not my computer either.
    Last edited by kurse; 03-03-2005 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Forget to add

4. Games   -   #4
    dont know why it takes awhile to connect to servers.

5. Games   -   #5
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    sometimes it takes a bitch of a long time to load the servers, this is most likely due to map change the instance that your connection is accepted. happens to me all the time.

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

6. Games   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by cpt_azad
    sometimes it takes a bitch of a long time to load the servers, this is most likely due to map change the instance that your connection is accepted. happens to me all the time.
    Bah.

7. Games   -   #7
    stop spamming LP

as for the server thing it can also be something else, it could be the dedicated server glitch. well atleast i call it a glitch, some dedicated servers will never actually load and u'll be stuck on the "loading" bar, only way is to cancel and try again.

8. Games   -   #8
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    umm no they wont do anything about it you have to get used to it games are going to get larger and larger and larger each year

soon DVD isos will be the standard for games then in 5 years time 2 DVDs or a duel layer will be a Game 9 gig!

9. Games   -   #9
    zzzzzzzzz

10. Games   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Adster
    umm no they wont do anything about it you have to get used to it games are going to get larger and larger and larger each year

soon DVD isos will be the standard for games then in 5 years time 2 DVDs or a duel layer will be a Game 9 gig!

That's the truth. When MoH first came out I was like "WTF???111oneeleven1!11 2 cd's?? mofo..." but that's cuz i had a pussy 4gb harddrive. now installing games+addons/expansions that take up 7gb+ doesnt even bother me, you gotta get used to it. In 2 years time (or less, most likely less) hdd's will be 1TB+ as a standard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast