Thread: Prb. with burning MPEG video

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Hi,

I'm trying to burn a movie which is in MPEG format.

First i converted the .avi movie to MPEG format and now I'm trying to use
    TMPGEnc DVD Aurthor to make the movie into DVD format(i-e Audio folder Video folder thingy).

The thing is when i try to open MPEG video in TMPGEnc DVD Aurthor, I get a error:
    "The video framerate 25fps cannot be used with the resolution 720x480"

What should i do?? I want to make this movie into DVD format so that i can burn it and later watch it on my DVD player.

Please help!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    harrycary's Avatar Poster
    I've run into that problem before and I believe the answer requires changing the frame rate.

Since I don't know how to do that I just switched to WinAVI. It works like a charm and converts rather quickly.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help.

regards,

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Hi,
    Thanks for your response. I just downloaded WinAvi, and wow it's really fast. I still have couple of questions, hope someone will clear them for me.

Since this program is so fast, does this means the video quality will not be that good as compared to using TMPGEnc to convert .avi to MPEG?

Also If i use TMPGEnc, I can specify that i only want to encode video but not audio. That's because i take the .wav audio and convert it to ac3 and later use TMPGEnc DVD Aurthor to combine the MPEG video with ac3 audio....that way i can have 5.1 sound.
    Does WinAVI change the audio to ac3 automatically? Or the audio quality will be .wav or watever.....

Please reply...I seem to be little confused with WinAVI program!
    Last edited by sameer0807; 03-04-2005 at 03:22 AM.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer0807
    Hi,
    Thanks for your response. I just downloaded WinAvi, and wow it's really fast. I still have couple of questions, hope someone will clear them for me.

Since this program is so fast, does this means the video quality will be that good as compared to using TMPGEnc to convert .avi to MPEG?

Also If i use TMPGEnc, I can specify that i only want to encode video but not audio. That's because i take the .wav audio and convert it to ac3 and later use TMPGEnc DVD Aurthor to combine the MPEG video with ac3 audio....that way i can have 5.1 sound.
    Does WinAVI change the audio to ac3 automatically? Or the audio quality will be .wav or watever.....

Please reply...I seem to be little confused with WinAVI program!
    No loss in video quality It will only be as good as what you downloaded..

Convert the movie to mpeg2 in winAvi Specify Pal/ntsc

Extact the audio only with TMPGenc

convert your audio to Ac3

Then use TMPGEnc DVD Aurthor to combine the MPEG video with ac3 audio...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudden
    No loss in video quality It will only be as good as what you downloaded..

Convert the movie to mpeg2 in winAvi Specify Pal/ntsc

Extact the audio only with TMPGenc

convert your audio to Ac3

Then use TMPGEnc DVD Aurthor to combine the MPEG video with ac3 audio...

Thanks!

BTW, If i use TMPGEnc to convert the .avi file to MPEG, the total file size is 3.7GB or so, whereas the same video file used with WinAvi to convert .avi to MPEG2, the total size shrinks to not even 2.00 GB.....why is that so? Why such difference?
    Last edited by sameer0807; 03-04-2005 at 10:35 AM.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Up**

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    keyser_soze's Avatar Poster
    It will probably mean that the tmpgenc version will be better quality, I fell into the trap of using tmpgenc which Im no expert but I've heard ppl in the know say the its the best encoder there is but that means in the right hands stick to something thats a simple conversion tools that leaves most of the decisions to the software, I know in the past ppl have said nero is no good for encoding but honestly these days I use nothing else but and have no problems.
    encoding is witchcraft