Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bag of Dicks!

TheDave's Avatar n00b
    i'm sure its taken days to go from account to account

2. Lounge   -   #22
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    i'm sure its taken days to go from account to account
    Shouldn't do. It's illegal if banks do that because they're denying you of interest if they credit one account before debiting the other.

If they did that to everyone then they'd be making billions more than they are already - a bit like that scheme in Superman III and Office Space, except completely different
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Yogi's Avatar Super Undulator
    See the similarity?

YoDick

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    Lowering the rating of a thread just because you are azzz is ghey, m'kay?

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Jon L. Obscene's Avatar Canadain potatoes!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by manker
    Nope.

Cash shows up in your account the instant you deposit it, as does any form of eft. Cheques from the same bank take 3 working to clear and then to get credited to your account, and cheques from different banks take 5 working days to appear in your account.
    Yeah that whole cheque thing is crap tho, if I put a cheque in I have to wait right?
    But.....If I write a cheque to someone with no money in my account, then by the banks own rules I should have at least 3 working days to get that money to the account. Not so, once the cheque is presented it is taken from your account, it still does'nt reach the payee for 3 days, thus proving that the 3 working day thing is a lie by the banks. It's bollocks.
    btw this is undisputable because I have been charged for it, wrote a cheque on a sunday, cheque was paid into their bank on the tuesday, I paid the money in wednesday.......then the cheque was bounced and I was charged £27.
    Yet if I put a cheque in on tuesday I don't get the money til either friday or the following monday. So what happens to my money for those few days?

Jonno

6. Lounge   -   #26
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    You guys need to read up on Check 21. We have it in America. Maybe you've got it too.

I also have another idea.....wait until you have enough money before writing the damn check.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon L. Obscene
    Yeah that whole cheque thing is crap tho, if I put a cheque in I have to wait right?
    But.....If I write a cheque to someone with no money in my account, then by the banks own rules I should have at least 3 working days to get that money to the account. Not so, once the cheque is presented it is taken from your account, it still does'nt reach the payee for 3 days, thus proving that the 3 working day thing is a lie by the banks. It's bollocks.
    btw this is undisputable because I have been charged for it, wrote a cheque on a sunday, cheque was paid into their bank on the tuesday, I paid the money in wednesday.......then the cheque was bounced and I was charged £27.
    Yet if I put a cheque in on tuesday I don't get the money til either friday or the following monday. So what happens to my money for those few days?

Jonno
    its called clearing. look it up.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    It's hard to understand in this day and age with all the communications and computerisation that all transactions are not instant. Banks need to drag themselves into this century.

I am afraid I have no sympathy for anyone that knowingly writes a cheque without having the funds to honour it. It is a risk that you take alone. People have played the odds and taken advantage of something (the 3 day thing) that wasn't really there.
    I do however feel that banks should play fair and stop charging fees that resulted because of their inefficiencies.
    Nobody should be fined for being overdrawn in one account if the bank has delayed a transfer of funds from a secondary account

That said it has been many years since I wrote a personal cheque for every day things, I find the debit/credit cards more convenient or for small amounts just use cash.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

9. Lounge   -   #29
    TheDave's Avatar n00b
    in the three/four days the bank puts your money into its own purse and plays the stock markets with it.

its illegal in many countries but not in the UK, and now they want us to start paying a fee every time we use an ATM and soon coinage will be confined to history if bug business has its way. meaning giving them money for nothing will be unavoidable

10. Lounge   -   #30
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave
    in the three/four days the bank puts your money into its own purse and plays the stock markets with it.

its illegal in many countries but not in the UK, and now they want us to start paying a fee every time we use an ATM and soon coinage will be confined to history if bug business has its way. meaning giving them money for nothing will be unavoidable
    But how many people (assuming they stay "in the green") pay any bank charges at all on their cheaking accounts in the UK?
    Last edited by vidcc; 03-08-2005 at 06:06 PM.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast