Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: send 600MB file via GMail. - how to?

Quote Originally Posted by nanotek
    why not just meet in some irc channel u create and then dcc it to her ? thats if your ul is quick enough , heck u could even meet up on soulseek as well and do it that way
    I second that motion, Sounds like the easiest thing to do and it's what I would do if I wasnt able to just burn it and hand it to her.

2. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #12
    dudevenezuela's Avatar VIP

Surprised/Amazed

Quote Originally Posted by freak
    There is a gmail drive thing that allows u to up to gmail with no limit as long as it under a gig...

This is simple to do, and what it does is make gMAIL a drive on your comp, just like the "C,D,E.... ect." Just fallow the fallowing instructions and you will do just fine....

1) Download the file at the bottom named "gmailfs.zip
    2) Extract it into a folder on your comp... MAKE SURE ALL THE FILES ARE IN 1 FOLDER!!!
    3) Run the installation; Setup.exe
    4) Finish the setup
    5) Open "My Computer"
    6) Double Click on gMAIL drive and log in...

If you want to sign in as a different account (like i do to put more files in there) just right click on the gMAIL drive and click "Login as...."
    Thats it

http://www.angelfire.com/ab8/storage2/gmailfs.zip
    This is the file that you extract it with... (.zip format)
    http://www.angelfire.com/ab8/storage2/Pic.JPG
    This is just to show it works

Angelfire doesn't give direct linking so; Right Click, save as... Or copy and paste in browser... the Pic is still fine..

Please Post Feedback, Comments Or Bugs.

This a great way to transfer files from one computer to another, for example, you and your friends both wanna play a game, but the installer on the website is down and only one of you have it, Your comp doesn't have a burner (Rare.. But just an example) and the files is too big to send over msn, or any other instant messangers... All you do is, place file in the drive. Go to friends instill the program, log in as you, there you go, the files can easily transfered onto his computer.

good for storing movie's ENJOY
    I use Gmail drive but still has 10mb attach limit

3. Internet, Programming and Graphics   -   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dudevenezuela
    I use Gmail drive but still has 10mb attach limit
    Really? I've only used it once but it let me store a full movie??? It really has no point though as there are better methods...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12