Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bush Bashing

Originally posted by dwightfry@5 April 2003 - 03:36
    All because we are americans doesn't mean we are obligated to like our leaders, in fact, it means we have the right to hate them. I HATE PRESIDENT BUSH!!!! I AM AN AMERICAN!!!!! You seem to forget that only 50% of the country voted for him. The other 50% didn't want him here, and they have the right to continue not wanting him here. Take a deep breath, you smell that air? That is the same FREE air that we had for last 8 years when Clinton was in office. Bush had nothing to do with it. We wouldn't be any less free if we weren't fighting this war.

And for all those people who feel we are obligated to 'support' our troops, that isn't right either. I have a very close cousin in Iraq right now, and I hope that she is still alive when this war ends. I have the right to think that this war isn't worth my cousins life. I have the right to think this war isn't worth anybody's life. We are obligated to tell them the truth. If someone is doing something that could get them hurt, and you don't think they should risk it, what sense make to urge them on more? Take Vietnam for example. Many americans spoke out against the war, while the rest of the country 'supported' them.....until they came home. I'm not saying that this is going to be another Vietnam, I am saying that all because most people think it, doesn't make it right, and they have no right to judge those who disagree with them.
    Wow, all you have managed to do is solidify my point.
    Thanks

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Originally posted by fallenknight308@5 April 2003 - 08:16
    If you hate this country so much, why then do you all trip head-over heels to get into it? Hmmmmmmmm? Our imagration has skyrocketed over the last 5 years, hell people SNEAK in! The grass must be greener on the other side after all B)
    Well, I'm European, I haven't made any attempt to enter the US during the last five years, and I sure won't in the foreseeable future.
    Not that this means I hate America - but I think you are under the wrong impression as to how attractive it is for most Europeans. The immigration figures in most European countries have increased as well - and all that shows is that the prospect of a relatively safe life in comparitive wealth is preferable to living in the conditions those people had to endure before.

I don't think the grass is any greener in the States, but I have no way of dismissing this theory - I know for a fact that it is greener in Great Britain in comparison to other European countries, but for that you have to pay the price of incessant rain and a national obsession with the weather for it.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Poster
    my idea of bush bashing

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Originally posted by fallenknight308@5 April 2003 - 03:47
    That is the very essence of what being an american means to me, the FREEDOM of speech!
    hmm, this freedom of speech wouldn't happen to be the same frredom of speech the Anti-war protestors in NY were given would it?? you know, the one where they weren't allowed to march against the war and when some of them did march peacefully the police force brought out anti riot sqauds and dragged over 100 away and locked them in cells just for attempting to excersise their right to freedom of speech??

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Or the same freedom of speech that gets a journalist fired for not being patriotic enough?

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by fallenknight308+5 April 2003 - 14:21--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (fallenknight308 @ 5 April 2003 - 14:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--dwightfry@5 April 2003 - 03:36
    All because we are americans doesn&#39;t mean we are obligated to like our leaders, in fact, it means we have the right to hate them. I HATE PRESIDENT BUSH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp; I AM AN AMERICAN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&nbsp; You seem to forget that only 50% of the country voted for him. The other 50% didn&#39;t want him here, and they have the right to continue not wanting him here. Take a deep breath, you smell that air? That is the same FREE air that we had for last 8 years when Clinton was in office. Bush had nothing to do with it. We wouldn&#39;t be any less free if we weren&#39;t fighting this war.

And for all those people who feel we are obligated to &#39;support&#39; our troops, that isn&#39;t right either. I have a very close cousin in Iraq right now, and I hope that she is still alive when this war ends. I have the right to think that this war isn&#39;t worth my cousins life. I have the right to think this war isn&#39;t worth anybody&#39;s life. We are obligated to tell them the truth. If someone is doing something that could get them hurt, and you don&#39;t think they should risk it, what sense make to urge them on more? Take Vietnam for example. Many americans spoke out against the war, while the rest of the country &#39;supported&#39; them.....until they came home. I&#39;m not saying that this is going to be another Vietnam, I am saying that all because most people think it, doesn&#39;t make it right, and they have no right to judge those who disagree with them.
    Thanks [/b][/quote]
    ....I suppose I did.

But you were treating it as a bad thing if we execute those rights. It sounded like you were saying, since we have those rights, we shouldn&#39;t use them, because we are using them against the people who gave them to us. If that is what you are saying, then that is still wrong. The only 2 times in history where that was true is the Revolutionary War, and the Civil War. All other wars could have been avoided, and things may or may not be that different for us. We have no way of telling.

This is how I see life. NEVER BE AN EXTREMISTS&#33;&#33;&#33; Whether it&#39;s communism, (gov&#39;t has complete control) Anarchy (Gov&#39;t has no control), Extremely Pro War (Anti War people shouldn&#39;t be allowed in america.) or Extremely Anti War (Pro War people are supporting the biggest terrorist of them all, President Bush). Life isn&#39;t black and white, it is all gray. It doesn&#39;t matter what shade of gray you are, just so you understand how the otherside feels, because you kind of feel it too....even if it just a tiny tiny tiny bit.

@All you extremely anti-war people:

You all seem to agree that saddam is a bad man, I can&#39;t imagine anyone disagreeing. Although the way this all could have turned out different, Our president has made a choice, and you can believe he is wrong, but you must respect that he thinks he is doing the right thing. I don&#39;t like Pres. Bush, I wish he was out of office, but I&#39;m not going to get mad at someone disagrees...unless they are an extremist. Then they just make me mad.

@All you extremely pro-war people:

You all seem to agree that death is bad, I can&#39;t imagine anyone disagreeing. Although the way this all could have turned out different, the protesters have made a choice, and you can believe they are wrong, but you must respect that fact that they think they are doing the right thing. I support the protestors, I think they are doing the right thing....unless they are extremists. Then they just make me mad.

Respect others opinions, and voice your own. THAT IS AMERICA&#33;
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    I cannot speak for everyone when I say that I think America should tell the world to fuck off, and build a 16ft high wall with barbed wire around its border, and not "HELP" another living soul.
    Help? What a stupid word to be connected to america. They always made false promises so fuck them. They never helped a soul so they cannot stop doing that. They killed around 1000x more than they helped so I think the balance of good and bad will drop like an elephant to the bad side. So why dont we tell america fuck you fuck you&#33; And no its not the ppls fault. Its not their fault that they have the dumbest ppl in the world to rule their country. just like in the simpsons the dumbest ppl rule the city while the smartes have to live on small wages&#33;

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Oh another thing. Protesting has never helped anyone except for the Martin Luther King ppl. So fuck protesting and lets do a bit more of bombing of the white house

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Originally posted by waisyarzi@5 April 2003 - 09:59
    I cannot speak for everyone when I say that I think America should tell the world to fuck off, and build a 16ft high wall with barbed wire around its border, and not "HELP" another living soul.
    Help? What a stupid word to be connected to america. They always made false promises so fuck them. They never helped a soul so they cannot stop doing that. They killed around 1000x more than they helped so I think the balance of good and bad will drop like an elephant to the bad side. So why dont we tell america fuck you fuck you&#33; And no its not the ppls fault. Its not their fault that they have the dumbest ppl in the world to rule their country. just like in the simpsons the dumbest ppl rule the city while the smartes have to live on small wages&#33;
    That is why the word help was in quotation marks
    And there is no need to get so hostile.
    I can see clearly now, that the world is full of anti-american sentiment, especially here on this board.
    As I do not wish to be a part of such a biased community, I think I&#39;m going to leave this board. B)

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    Originally posted by dwightfry+5 April 2003 - 08:03--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dwightfry @ 5 April 2003 - 08:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -fallenknight308@5 April 2003 - 14:21
    <!--QuoteBegin--dwightfry
    @5 April 2003 - 03:36
    All because we are americans doesn&#39;t mean we are obligated to like our leaders, in fact, it means we have the right to hate them. I HATE PRESIDENT BUSH&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; I AM AN AMERICAN&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; You seem to forget that only 50% of the country voted for him. The other 50% didn&#39;t want him here, and they have the right to continue not wanting him here. Take a deep breath, you smell that air? That is the same FREE air that we had for last 8 years when Clinton was in office. Bush had nothing to do with it. We wouldn&#39;t be any less free if we weren&#39;t fighting this war.

And for all those people who feel we are obligated to &#39;support&#39; our troops, that isn&#39;t right either. I have a very close cousin in Iraq right now, and I hope that she is still alive when this war ends. I have the right to think that this war isn&#39;t worth my cousins life. I have the right to think this war isn&#39;t worth anybody&#39;s life. We are obligated to tell them the truth. If someone is doing something that could get them hurt, and you don&#39;t think they should risk it, what sense make to urge them on more? Take Vietnam for example. Many americans spoke out against the war, while the rest of the country &#39;supported&#39; them.....until they came home. I&#39;m not saying that this is going to be another Vietnam, I am saying that all because most people think it, doesn&#39;t make it right, and they have no right to judge those who disagree with them.

Thanks
    ....I suppose I did.

But you were treating it as a bad thing if we execute those rights. It sounded like you were saying, since we have those rights, we shouldn&#39;t use them, because we are using them against the people who gave them to us. If that is what you are saying, then that is still wrong. The only 2 times in history where that was true is the Revolutionary War, and the Civil War. All other wars could have been avoided, and things may or may not be that different for us. We have no way of telling.
    [/b][/quote]
    *sigh* once again: NO, that was not it.
    I think you and me are on the same page, just opposite sides of it. B)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast