Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bush Bashing

Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    You want to leave because of bias against America? I don't think that will come as a surprise - you already have "Extremist" as your member title and have talked about your "ultra-patriotic" mates.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Originally posted by dwightfry@5 April 2003 - 08:36

And for all those people who feel we are obligated to 'support' our troops, that isn't right either. I have a very close cousin in Iraq right now, and I hope that she is still alive when this war ends. I have the right to think that this war isn't worth my cousins life. .
    Personaly I think that hopeing your cousin(and the rest of our troops(American, British, Australian)) comes out alive and not acting as if they are doing something wrong is support enough.

We can't forget that whether we agree with what is happening or not, these people are doing a job that they have little or no control over. All the countries that are protesting the war(by standing outside of military bases and heckeling the troops or even getting violent doing things like throwing things at military members and their families) need to step back and think. If their presidents/leaders had chosen to back this war, they too would be out their doing something they may not wholey support.

So yes, I do think we are obligated to support our troops. We don't need to wish them plenty of kills, but we need to support them by understanding the position they are in and not condemming them for the job they are doing.
    Peace of mind Findnot

No time to work out? Try Folding instead.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Originally posted by Skillian@5 April 2003 - 16:13
    You want to leave because of bias against America? I don't think that will come as a surprise - you already have "Extremist" as your member title and have talked about your "ultra-patriotic" mates.
    I have tried to be civil about this debate, and have been understanding of the opinions of above individuals.
    But, I have had enough
    The only point I was trying to make, was that I believe in my country.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    I was being civil towards you too. But the mention of "ultra-patriotism" leaves a sour taste in my mouth. Along with your war avatar and your war signature. Then you say you want to leave the board because a few people don't agree with your sentiments - thats not exactly respecting other people's opinions.

And I never said I didn't like America did I? I also never said I wanted a war, although you did. What a surprise.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    sorry, goodbye

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    dwightfry's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by tracydani+6 April 2003 - 01:17--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tracydani @ 6 April 2003 - 01:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--dwightfry@5 April 2003 - 08:36

And for all those people who feel we are obligated to &#39;support&#39; our troops, that isn&#39;t right either. I have a very close cousin in Iraq right now, and I hope that she is still alive when this war ends. I have the right to think that this war isn&#39;t worth my cousins life. .
    Personaly I think that hopeing your cousin(and the rest of our troops(American, British, Australian)) comes out alive and not acting as if they are doing something wrong is support enough.

We can&#39;t forget that whether we agree with what is happening or not, these people are doing a job that they have little or no control over. All the countries that are protesting the war(by standing outside of military bases and heckeling the troops or even getting violent doing things like throwing things at military members and their families) need to step back and think. If their presidents/leaders had chosen to back this war, they too would be out their doing something they may not wholey support.

So yes, I do think we are obligated to support our troops. We don&#39;t need to wish them plenty of kills, but we need to support them by understanding the position they are in and not condemming them for the job they are doing. [/b][/quote]
    EXACTLY&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
    Life should come with backround music
    -Dwight Fry-
    Coconut, the desert's onion
    -Dwight Fry-
    Why stand when you can lean, why lean when you can sit, why sit when you can lounge, why lounge when you can lie
    -Dwight Fry-
    www.BrownSugarStudios.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123