Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What should I with this letter?

sameer0807's Avatar I aIn'T nO sErIoUs
    Once one of my frined received a letter like that from Telus high speed (ADSL)....the letter was pretty much like this one above.....My friend just ignored that letter and kept on downloading stuff...nothing really happened to him, I mean no legal action....He is still downloadin stuff like a mad cow.

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'...here... I'll be waiting... for you ... so... If you come here... You'll find me. I promise..."

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by loopandjump
    hi,
    I think the file I got is bogus, I has a bunch of rar file but I can't unrar.
    Do you know how to extract a movie when you have a lot of rar files? I've never seen a bittorrent site that had fake files (except of suprnova )
    Last edited by {I}{K}{E}; 03-05-2005 at 10:14 AM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    lynx's Avatar .
    It is extremely unlikely that your ISP would get a letter from Paramount after such a short period of downloading, but not impossible. However, judging from the amount of cogeco's documentation about how to disable p2p networks I suspect they are the ones who want you to stop.

If that's the case, change the ports you are using, don't use public trackers, and above all change your ISP.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    I think that too lynx, maybe they don't want to waste these bandwidth for sharing file?

In my area, there's only one cable company available, the other are ADSL. So there's not much a choice for me.

To unrar a rar file with a bunch of it, just click any file and unrar? I hope this is right cause I have done with movie dl from ftp site.

I thought those site post on the stick are private? my bad
    I need to read more about private tracker then.

thank you

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    lynx's Avatar .
    About rar files, that's the usual way. If you haven't got the latest version of winrar you sometimes get checksum error messages, but the file usually unrar's ok. In any case, if there is an sfv file you can use QuickSFV to verify the download.

If you don't have to register for a tracker then it certainly isn't private. Most of the better private trackers are invitation only, but you don't get invited unless you've already got a good ratio, sort of catch 22.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    matt526's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by sameer0807
    Once one of my frined received a letter like that from Telus high speed (ADSL)....the letter was pretty much like this one above.....My friend just ignored that letter and kept on downloading stuff...nothing really happened to him, I mean no legal action....He is still downloadin stuff like a mad cow.
    Same here, I just called my ISP and got them to turn my internet back on and I started downloading the same day

only now I stick with privet torrent sites like
    Torrentit.com

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Quote Originally Posted by matt526
    Same here, I just called my ISP and got them to turn my internet back on and I started downloading the same day

only now I stick with privet torrent sites like
    Torrentit.com

how do you sign up with torrentit?
    thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12