Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This would be the best thing to happen to U.S. politics in 100 years...

bigboab's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    Because people tend not to believe what I say I think I will be a Mugwumper.
    The best way to keep a secret:- Tell everyone not to tell anyone.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboab
    Because people tend not to believe what I say I think I will be a Mugwumper.
    A finer Mugwump it is hard to imagine.

Has the US considered proportional representation? This would enable them to get away from the two party system and also perhaps allow those with less finiancial resources to make something of a dent in the proceedings and make it harder for vested interests to cover all the bases.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Dear Lord, we wouldn't want that, would we.

It would seem, Busyman, that even a mild application of your brand of logic would reveal that any advantage accruing to any party would only last as long as that party gains the public's favor (vote).

If you feel it proper that the voter is the proper arbiter as to who sits in what office, I can hardly see how you could object; after all, the worm always turns, eventually, doesn't it?

In any case, it appears that, although you would no doubt advocate political/electoral fairness, you maintain an extremely sincere objection to Republicans holding office, even of if such has been demonstrated to be the clear will of the majority of voters.

Why is this?
    Oh no you got it wrong j. I think both parties suck.

The bottom line is: The Republicans want to crack open Cali. Period.

It escapes me but doesn't it have 52 or some odd electoral votes?
    Gerrymandering is EVERYWHERE...and it is interesting that this state was picked. Tbh, even if it's gerrymandered more favorably your way, it still would probably remain a Democratic state.

...but anything to (over time) sway it your way, eh?

Your "articles" are very transparent even when they have some sort of logic in them.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Quote Originally Posted by Busyman
    Your "articles" are very transparent even when they have some sort of logic in them.
    Transparent?

When have you ever gotten the impression I was hiding anything?

Yes, I suppose the Republicans would like to "crack open Cali", as you say.

Wouldn't you find it interesting to see what would happen in a state where a party has been entrenched for decades?

I am aware you believe the majority of Americans are, at heart, Democrats-would you be terribly bothered to find out otherwise?

As I've said in earlier posts-the worm always turns; anent the "Nuclear Option" being entertained in the U.S. Senate-if and when the Dems regain power, they will have all this available to them also.

The point is to extract the idea of incumbency from the ideological cement it is mired in.

"Public Service" ought not be a career proposition, I don't think.
    Last edited by j2k4; 03-07-2005 at 02:47 AM.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by j2k4
    Transparent?

When have you ever gotten the impression I was hiding anything?

Yes, I suppose the Republicans would like to "crack open Cali", as you say.

Wouldn't you find it interesting to see what would happen in a state where a party has been entrenched for decades?

I am aware you believe the majority of Americans are, at heart, Democrats-would you be terribly bothered to find out otherwise?

As I've said in earlier posts-the worm always turns; anent the "Nuclear Option" being entertained in the U.S. Senate-if and when the Dems regain power, they will have all this available to them also.

The point is to extract the idea of incumbency from the ideological cement it is mired in.

"Public Service" ought not be a career proposition, I don't think.
    Wtf are talking about?

You aren't "aware" of shit.
    When did I say I believe American are at heart Democrats?
    I remember you doing this same thing when wondered why I didn't ask you some odd question about racism (something of the sort). That was the beginning of you losing me right there.

The problem you have in "pegging" me is that I neither Dem nor Repub. I am black but have no problem in saying our own shit stinks. Oh this is all as an aside...

If gerrymandering is an issue, make a federal case out of it or STFU about it. Maybe more Republicans will do something like move to Cali.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12